1.    #1  
    In snappermail when composing a message, you can click o nthe paperclip and get a menu of various "Attach From..." options.

There are two sections in the menu, one section has "attach from Card" and "atach from ram", and the other section has a list of applications that snapper can attach from.

According to the manual and the specs page, the requirement for the application to appear in the list is that it must be "attachment aware", supporting the "Send" Exchange Manager Scheme.

My problem is this... I don't see "Attach from Media" in the list. I would think that the media app meets the requirements since I can start in that app and use "Send..." to push a picture to snappermail as an attachment in a new message. I'd rather go to snapper and pull from media.

Any ideas?
    I also cant seem to attaqch just a photo
    For some reason PalmOne handles the "Media" (called "Pics & Videos" on Sprint) app differently from the standard method. ChatterEmail handles this (it's a Treo-only app), but the Snapper folks support a wide range of phones, so my guess is it will take them a little longer.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    In snappermail when composing a message, you can click o nthe paperclip and get a menu of various "Attach From..." options.

There are two sections in the menu, one section has "attach from Card" and "atach from ram", and the other section has a list of applications that snapper can attach from.

According to the manual and the specs page, the requirement for the application to appear in the list is that it must be "attachment aware", supporting the "Send" Exchange Manager Scheme.

My problem is this... I don't see "Attach from Media" in the list. I would think that the media app meets the requirements since I can start in that app and use "Send..." to push a picture to snappermail as an attachment in a new message. I'd rather go to snapper and pull from media.

Any ideas?
    i just notice this today, I'll let the programmer know.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Felipe are you part of Snappermail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Felipe are you part of Snappermail?
    Nope, just hang out in some of the same virtual places the snapper folk do.

Felipe
    It can be done, but you have to go the other way around.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73709

Here is some info from that post, but the post also has info on .3g2 and sending them.

Quote Originally Posted by burkhardi
    I have noticed at first that with the OE/Native pic-video app that it looks like you only have the choice to send with the Piture Mail application and that is not free and you then loose your rights to the pictures when they are published on the site that hosts the pictures.

I was "mickey mousing around" with the Picture/Video app and found that if I lauch the app and have the cursor focus on all the pitures/videos (try hitting the space bar to do this) that if I then use the menu key there is a choice for "send" and IT"S NOT THE PICTURE MAIL either... (like when you use the send ICON)

You can use Bluetooth, VersaMail or what ever mail app you have on your Treo650. The best part is then I can move all around the thumnails and select which ones to send at one time, not one by one..too cool. ALso if you just have one selected or open, hitting the menu key will let you see the "send" option and you can do the same with just that one picture or video.

This works for both pictures and videos. The Vedios are in the .3g2 formate which you can PLAY FOR FREE WITH QUICKTIME..

Hope this is helpful, Matt Burkhard
    sorry.. Didn't read the whole first post. I missed the very last part. This is already known.

BTW. Is there a way to edit a post in the mobile forum? I did?lt see a way, hence this post.
    TIA
    btw, heard back from snapper.

apparently, media doesn"t register in palm exchange so snapper doesn't list it.

snapper feels it is a palmone issue and palmone should fix it.

Felipe
    felipe - I think they're half right; it's a PalmOne issue, but Snapper should figure out how to make it work. That's what I did, and that's what they have to do if they're going to fully support the T650, IMO.

Marc
    BTW, guys gals and Tiffany.

Registered users can get the latest beta that will let you attach media files.
    Felipe
    Thanks for pushing SnapperMail to fix this before I got my T650! The "Attach from Media" works with SnapperMail 2.2.7.01.

Ian
    What do you mean by "Media"? Is this the same as "Pics & Videos"? My SnapperMail Enterprise Ver. 2.2.6.01 shows the following -- Attach from: Sounds, Documents, Pics&Videos, Card, RAM.

I'm wondering whether to upgrade to 2.2.7.01, but I'm not sure what the advantage is. Is this worth the upgrade for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    What do you mean by "Media"? Is this the same as "Pics & Videos"? My SnapperMail Enterprise Ver. 2.2.6.01 shows the following -- Attach from: Sounds, Documents, Pics&Videos, Card, RAM.

I'm wondering whether to upgrade to 2.2.7.01, but I'm not sure what the advantage is. Is this worth the upgrade for me?
    Casey - I wasn't clear either - I have 2.2.7.01 and when I go to the attachment icon and press <enter> , I get attach from pictures, attach from sounds, ...Documents,...Card,....Ram...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung

Hi Casey,

In 2.2.7.01, I see Attach from: Sounds, Documents, Media, Card, RAM. The 'Media' selection allows me to attach any image/video file in the Palm Media application. Did 'Pics&Videos' allow the same for you? My guess is that this capability didn't exist in earlier versions of SnapperMail.

Regards,
    Ian