Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    yeah the vaja ivolution leather is quite strong. About 5 times it has fallen on the concrete deck at the gas station...and one cool time "pitched" it on the passenger front seat...bounces up...passenger SRS lid, onto the door rail...and then down to the ashplat...i laughed..and the treo 600 still ticked
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    No worries. The i-Volution cases are hard - they have a plastic form under the leather. They are quite strong and will resist being crushed. This is the trade off with a soft leather case that is less bulky but provides less protection.
    Thanks. That's one of the things that I like about the Treo -- how you can take a very expensive smart phone and turn it into an even more expensive phone with all the accessories!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Just saw it in use on the front page news story........................it looks HUGE (read brick)! Sorry, just had to throw that in (since I'm an SX66 user).
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    yeah the vaja ivolution leather is quite strong. About 5 times it has fallen on the concrete deck at the gas station...and one cool time "pitched" it on the passenger front seat...bounces up...passenger SRS lid, onto the door rail...and then down to the ashplat...i laughed..and the treo 600 still ticked

Hofo
    How about the ones on your head and hand?
    Are those from Vaja ivolution also?

bump. for someone to post real life pictures that is. I *really* want to see them as this is the only case I've been this interested in.
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    bump. for someone to post real life pictures that is. I *really* want to see them as this is the only case I've been this interested in.
    TJ... where you get that Penguine bachground and icons from?
    I just saw the review of the T66 posted here on TC..and..I know I'm in a minority here thinking this...but that must be the ugliest looking case I've ever seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I just saw the review of the T66 posted here on TC..and..I know I'm in a minority here thinking this...but that must be the ugliest looking case I've ever seen...
    It's all about the colors you choose. I had the i-vo for my 600 and loved it. When I got my 650, I didn't want to drop $110 on another i-vo, so I got the Bellagio and couldn't hate it more. I've regretted that decision every day. I can't recommend the vaja cases enough. I like the T66, but I'm a pocket guy, so it looks a little bulky. It's definitely for those who like the belt clip option. I'll probably go with the T65, but I'd miss the spring loaded slot for the extra SD card though.

I'd be ALL OVER the T66 if the flap was detachable.
    no mtreosexual...i go to special school and it protects me from owies

Heheh tiffany can i get you deported...pllllease

jmill72x i am like you, a pocket person...used to be a belt person, no more...the extra bulk is not making cringe, but i wish the SD slot was optional...i dont need it
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'd be ALL OVER the T66 if the flap was detachable.
    I feel the same way, which is why I'm glad it's not detachable! I just bought a T65 and I'd be really tempted to get a T66 with a detachable cover. The Vaja cases are of great quality, but I don't want to spend that much on another one. I guess I'll cross that bridge if they come out with a detachable T66.
    T66 with Clip?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any pictures of the T66 with the clip installed? I'm wondering how far the clip holds the Treo away from your body. It seems that most case manufacturers have the phone too far from your side, which would put the Treo at risk for catching on things. I'm considering purchasing the T66 and designed my own belt clip to work with the metal stud that is on the case.

Definitely my complaint Compliant!

If and when (please) someone post some real picture of this thing, one showing it on the belt, from the side, to see how far the thing sticks out would be great. That is the reason I don't like the Sena.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by shadowboxer; 02/24/2005 at 11:31 AM.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    love my new vaja, damn i want a new one with different colors now lol
    mt
    Pics! Pics! Pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBathGate
    TJ... where you get that Penguine bachground and icons from?
    I don't quite remember. I believe it's a standard wallpaper with some linux distros that I cropped, shrunk and set it as my ZLauncher background. Now everyone thinks I'm running linux on my phone
    <br>
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Damn; I feel the same way -- I'm so boring, I got the full-on Caterina grey. It's warmish in tone, but definitely matches the Pantone value they gave. I think the Cingular-ish blue/grey scheme would be great. Which ones do you all have (is that in another thread?)

Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    love my new vaja, damn i want a new one with different colors now lol
    mt
    ...Now the waiting begins. I went extremely basic. Caterina Black, no clip, no personalization.

Two tone colors are not allowed as my work mandates cell phones be subued and that is interpreted as single color, blue, black, or grey silver metallic.
    Don't use a clip, can't wear a phone on my belt in my job.
    Wanted to personalize, but didn't want to get my name put on it and ruin any chance of selling it. Thought about PalmOne Treo 650, etc but decided against it.

So, I am down $155 with shipping and tax, awaiting this sweet piece of dead cow and plastic. If you got yours, by all means post pix, I would like to see them, especially so I can have buyers remorse over my color choice by seeing how sweet yours looks in red/grey etc...

tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock,
    To those who already got the T66 case:

How is the usability of the case in regards to thumb-typing? Does the drop-down flap inhibit in any way how one would normally hold the 650 and thumb-type?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Just to confirm what appears to be from the picture: The T66 does *not* cover the camera lens, and there's no way for it to protect the camera, correct?
    ^its exactly like the T65 and T6, just with a flap, which means, no it does protect the lense...however the lense itself on the treo 650 is recessed in, and the vaja case adds a few mms of protection...so its fine really
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast