Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    hofo mofo did you get your case>? i got mine monday, does your cut out for the led match up perfect? mine is off some and what about the front lip, mine butts up to the space bar, but turn it over and there is some overhang, like it needs to go up on the unit more, but if it did it would hit the space bar button,. im wondering if your is like that.
    mt
    Mine is just like yours, so I wouldn't worry about it - it appears to be designed this way and I wouldn't characterize it as shoddy or anything. I can't push my 650 into the case any further and if I could, the space bar would be compromised, as you mentioned. I actually like the LED being somewhat covered because it shines so brightly at night.
    Real-life pics would be appreciated guys.
    soon rudychow

you want to see a bright LED get the BB 7100r and 7100t (i dunno how it is on the 7100v or 7100g)
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    im a blue fan so i got the light blue on the province blue, i chose the lighter on the front as less actuall leather to worry about stains, ill post a pic, can anyone tell me how>?
    i love blue and i love green....however as much as i wanted to get "colours" black is the best way to go, as it shows nothing but scuff
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    soon rudychow

you want to see a bright LED get the BB 7100r and 7100t (i dunno how it is on the 7100v or 7100g)
    do you mean replace the led in the treo? im not familar with those numbers
    mt
    im sorry i wasnt clear

When i had my Treo 600, i was getting a little ticked and waited for the Blackberry 7100r (rogers version same thing as the t-mobile one in form) to come out. When it did, i bought one on November 26th. Now i am accustomed to sleeping with lights on in my room. I have a Nortel Vista 350 with a green glow LCD screen, my computer has LED mods and cold cathode tubes. I have a digital terminal with a clock on it; my wifi router and cable modem...but out of everything the LED on that phone was sooooooo bright...i mean it was so bright it tickedm e off a little. Also the LED on the 650 i love more than the LED on the 600 as it is bright and easier to see in lighted conditions and such....but hey i like light thingies

oh yeah mtgmt i didnt respond to your pm because i answered it here, is that alright?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    cool thx no worries mate, i love blue led, my igo is blue led, my bt250 has a blue flasher, my EVH pahser mxr pedal has a kickin blue led, wish the 650 was blue lol
    mt
    i love the blue/purple LED as well...its just so l33t...and well this isnt a good thing...the snow plows in Ottawa have a flashing purple/blue LED, and well...yeah i must try big time not to stare at it while i drive

my ignition cut off i got installed in my car, i had a purple/blue led installed..however i am still sad that i couldnt pay extra for the Knight Rider "Scanner" blue led type...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    do you have to take your T65 case off to clean and replace a screen protector or can you manage with it on?
    Can someone please post pictures of the T66 .... it would be great to get more pictures of it also is it too bulky .... i usually put my phone in my pocket...

i am considering in buying one but i just don't want to spend money on something that's not going to fit in my pocket... thanks...
    so Vaja give the dimension of
    2,60" x 4,76" x 1,27" inches

Treo Dimension is :
    4.4"x2.3"x0.9"

T65 :
    2,60" x 4,61" x 1,10" inches

is it too bulky?

my question is:

Where is Vaja measuring from ... Are they invluding that extra hump when the case is closed? It would be nice if a better dimension is given or if someone can actually measure the dimension with a 0.1 accuracy.

To me going from .9 to 1.27 is alsmost 0.4 inch added doesn't seem that bad...

i'm considering this case because Cingular doen't give insurance... i'd rather pay 130 + shipping than have my 300 ~ $550 phone get damaged....

it woudl be nice if someone can actually upload a picture of the treo 650 next to the T66 case showing the side profile of the two ...

any comments anyone?
    Last edited by omgitsroy326; 02/22/2005 at 05:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the SD card compratments on the T66 push against the Treo 650's screen when the case is closed?
  14. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    Does anyone know if the SD card compratments on the T66 push against the Treo 650's screen when the case is closed?
    That would be a major design flaw. I would bet heavily against it. If it does touch mine is headed right back.

I was more worried about the card falling out of the slot and getting lost. Apparently the sd slot is spring loaded and holds the card in place (like the Treo's SD slot).
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    That would be a major design flaw. I would bet heavily against it. If it does touch mine is headed right back.

I was more worried about the card falling out of the slot and getting lost. Apparently the sd slot is spring loaded and holds the card in place (like the Treo's SD slot).
    I agree that it would be a major design flaw. But it does look from the picture that the SD card slot protrudes out quite far. And if the case is squashed in a briefcase or someplace, I wonder if there's enough clearance between the SD slot and the screen to prevent bumping.
    I assume that you all have noticed the review of the T66 case on the TC home page...

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/554-1.htm

In the review, they say "When the lid is closed, only the HotSync port and mic are covered". Why the heck would Vaja cover the mic? Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to talk on my phone with the flip closed! Anybody else?
    -Brian-
    I have a I-Volution Case, it's a beige and Blue, I just got it, I don't know if I like too much. It's kinda bulky for me. I just bought a holster, and I love that so much. I like how the holster lets my phone just sit sideways on my belt. the I-Volution hangs down on my belt.

I just lost 130.00 bucks.. No big deal.

I have the same T65 pictured here, Same colors. http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html
  18. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    I agree that it would be a major design flaw. But it does look from the picture that the SD card slot protrudes out quite far. And if the case is squashed in a briefcase or someplace, I wonder if there's enough clearance between the SD slot and the screen to prevent bumping.
    No worries. The i-Volution cases are hard - they have a plastic form under the leather. They are quite strong and will resist being crushed. This is the trade off with a soft leather case that is less bulky but provides less protection.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast