Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I heard from a friend that works at Cingular that the first batch of 650's they got were all defective. The newest batch that came in last Thursday are supposed to be better. I bought one from this batch and everything seems to be ok. When I was at the store to buy it there was another gentleman there that had returned 6 Treo 650's.
    I traveled to San Francisco this week and my 650 Cingular reset every time someone called me and I tried to answer it.

Also the voicemail number went to all 0's

Looks like they have a big problem
    When I returned my second one today the manager sure had a different tune then yesterday. Yesterday it was oh we havent got one back yet everyone loves them. Today its oh yeah we have had some complaints about the software and returns. Apparently he said the phone was slated for a March release but it was rushed out. Thats apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    I heard from a friend that works at Cingular that the first batch of 650's they got were all defective. The newest batch that came in last Thursday are supposed to be better. I bought one from this batch and everything seems to be ok. When I was at the store to buy it there was another gentleman there that had returned 6 Treo 650's.
    Does your voicemail number stay the same if you turn your phone off/on? Can you try just taking the battery off and putting it back on to see if the VM number stays the same?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by detayls
    I don't understand your post. Order the new Treo from whom? What is the "beta test"?

What good is a phone without a SIM?

David
    I hate Cingular. I was with Cingular, then switched to AT&T for a year before Cingular bought them (that was a kick in the teeth). I refuse to sign up on a Cingular plan (no way I'm giving them two more years) and they would not just sell me a 600 so I could unlock it unless I bought a plan (even though I was willing to pay full pop?).

So what I did (and what I think you might consider) was buy an unlocked 650 from P1. You have your AT&T sim still, right? Just send the first one back within the 30 days, and in that 30 days you can be waiting on your P1 650 to ship .

Good luck screw Cingular
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12