Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On the Cingular 650 the keyboard light was always 100% when you dimmed the screen.
    Wow, you're right. The Sprint acted like the Cingular one also.

Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    On the Cingular 650 the keyboard light was always 100% when you dimmed the screen.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    so, only on the unlocked t650, the keyboard follows the screen? ah.....the perks of having an unlocked treo
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    So tough luck to Sprint Treo 650 owners....nice.

Thanks for being such good beta testers...no fix for you!
  5. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Can the 'KBLights' app dim keyboard lights, or is it only on/off?
    can the sprint 650 be hacked to do this?!
    Does Treo Allegro work with the 650? It worked awesomely on my 600 for keeping the KB off during daytime hours and lighting it up at night... Anyone try it yet?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Does Treo Allegro work with the 650? It worked awesomely on my 600 for keeping the KB off during daytime hours and lighting it up at night... Anyone try it yet?
    Treo Allegro does not work on the 650. I am developing ScheduleCare to do this function. I just re-released Phase I of ScheduleCare with keyboard control builtin. You can configure SC to have keyboard auto-off. Also have the manual key entry to turn on the keyboard light on demand. (By default SC turns off the keyboard light.)

Jeff
    Can anyone else verify this? Nothing personal, but at the treo roadshows Palm said the hardware would not support dimming the keyboard. And they were using unlocked GSN phones.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #11  
    If mines defective it's a defect I want. It works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Can anyone else verify this? Nothing personal, but at the treo roadshows Palm said the hardware would not support dimming the keyboard. And they were using unlocked GSN phones.
    My unlocked unit dims the keypad as well. Sounds like there may have been a mid-cycle production change, or perhaps this is indeed controlled by firmware.
    Ah, a feature we got for waiting all this time...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    i bought the bumper-to-bumper warrantee/insurance plan

i might have to "lose" mine

when i adjust the brightness (option +p), the brightness of the kb and screen change.

i have the unlocked gsm treo.

is this the confirmation you are looking for?

firmware 01.14
    software treo650-105-row
    hardware a.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    If mines defective it's a defect I want. It works perfectly.
    Yeah, I'm with you, no bug works this well.

My unlocked GSM 650 does this. You can turn the key board light completely off (this turns the screen off as well). You could use it that way, but it's kinda hard to see. On the other hand I am inside, it would probably be better in the sunlight.

Someone should write an app that lets you adjust these two brightness levels independently.
    Yes indeed, works on my unlocked model as well. Very nice. I'm sure there will be firmware updates for the other models eventually, hopefully this will be included.
  17. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    when i adjust the brightness (option +p), the brightness of the kb and screen change.

i have the unlocked gsm treo.

is this the confirmation you are looking for?

firmware 01.14
    software treo650-105-row
    hardware a.
    Yup. Cingular T650:

Firmware: 01.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNG
    Hardware: A

18. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    I'm sure there will be firmware updates for the other models eventually, hopefully this will be included.
    Really? How often have Palm or Handspring released firware updates? I doubt we'll ever see this functionality on the carrier-specific units...
    Shadowmite!!! Help!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast