Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangold
    Motionapps have a an app called MLights which dims both screen and keyboard together, based on the selection of daylight hours which you can configure to your needs. Turns off the keyboard lights during the daylight hours, with full screen brightness. At night, dims both keyboard and screen.
    Unless they released a new version/build three days ago, the only thinkmLights does with the keyboard is all the way on for night and off for day use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Unless they released a new version/build three days ago, the only thinkmLights does with the keyboard is all the way on for night and off for day use.
    Which, frankly, isn't what I need / want for the 650. Lights on a night is frequently way to bright, and if I'm somewhere dimly lit during the daytime I may need the lights on. I think KBLights is a much better approach.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Which, frankly, isn't what I need / want for the 650. Lights on a night is frequently way to bright, and if I'm somewhere dimly lit during the daytime I may need the lights on. I think KBLights is a much better approach.
    You know that you can schedule the keyboard lights behavior now in ScheduleCare.

Jeff
    Just got my unlocked phone today. Keyboard does dim with screen. Sweet. Still reading manual and getting setup but thought I'd throw one more confirmation of this behaviour in since I finally have a phone and can properly participate.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    I have not added any KB dimming s/w to Sprint 650 and once (one time only) the KB light went completely off and the screen was still illuminated. I initially thought the KB lighting was broke as I played w/brightness controls. As panic started, I cycled power (red key) and everything came back to normal. Has not happened again. Anyone seen this?
    This happened to my Cingular Treo 650 as well, only once that I have noticed. It happened the second or third day I had the unit, never thought about it again until I read your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Have you tested mlights on a 650? I've looked at their website, and it refers to dimming the screen. But for the keyboard, it only talks about on and off, not variable brightness.
    I have it on my 650. Dims the screen and keyboard lights. Unlocked Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangold
    I have it on my 650. Dims the screen and keyboard lights. Unlocked Treo 650
    But the real issue here is whether it will dim the lights on a locked GSM or CDMA phone, or only turn them on and off.
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You know that you can schedule the keyboard lights behavior now in ScheduleCare.

Jeff
    Yes, I'm playing with ScheduleCare some. It's definitely more program than I need (I'm eagerly awaiting phase 2), but I'll see. For the moment, I'm using KBLights, which does most of what I need. Except for dimming the screen on my CDMA 650, of course.
    Bob Meyer
    I have an unlocked Treo 650. I am using Treo Allegro to dim the Keyboard and screen fine. The nortmal brightness is uber-bright.

-Also, haven't had a reset since I got the new SIM card. I wasn't sure about the Treo before I got the new SIM-

I personally recommend Treo Allegro. Just my $.02
    Last edited by girlieleep; 03/02/2005 at 03:00 AM.
    I don't own a Treo 650 any more (kept my 600), but this is the first bit of news that I have seen that would make me actually consider the Treo 650 again it is also the only good thing I have ever mentioned about the 650 here on TreoCentral. I am afraid I have to actually give kudos to PalmOne for this particular action.

Now, if they would just let developers know about the code so they can write apps to independently control the screen brightness and the KB brightness.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123