Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if a program exists that will allow the treo to pick up am/fm radio signals? Does the antenna even have the capability for it?

I have Pocket-Tunes Deluxe, so have internet radio capability, but I always miss this good local AM talk radio show in the mornings.

ps. who knows where i could find some good internet radio stations?

Thanks guys.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Uhhhhh...don't think that's gonna work. Somebody once had an FM tuner SD card, but I'll bet that won't work either. Your best bet is to find some Shoutcast.com station with your favorite talkshow. Anybody know which online station has Rush???
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Uhhhhh...don't think that's gonna work. Somebody once had an FM tuner SD card, but I'll bet that won't work either. Your best bet is to find some Shoutcast.com station with your favorite talkshow. Anybody know which online station has Rush???
    I thought that band broke up? Or didn't they get arrested for drugs or something?
    I dont think hes talking about the band...hes talking about the other Rush
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB

Try this address from w/in ptunes to hear rush on shoutcast:

http://abcrad.sc.llnwd.net:12015
    Is there anyway to get ESPNews via Shoutcast?
    [QUOTE=hypesteve]Does anyone know if a program exists that will allow the treo to pick up am/fm radio signals? Does the antenna even have the capability for it?
    QUOTE]

The Treo's antenna is going to be tuned for the 800 and 1900 MHz (for CDMA) for its cellular reception. For a dipole antenna with which I believe the Treo is using, the higher the frequency used the shorter the antenna needs to be and vice versa. With FM in the much lower 88-108MHz band you need a much longer antenna to get good reception like the one on your car.

Though I don't know first hand, I believe the couple of SDIO radios out there use the earphones cable as the antenna. This is probably one of the main reasons why they don't feed the audio through the PDA as most be people would like. (The other reason is the cost and complexity of the AD converter that would also be required.) I wasn't able to find one that claimed compatiblity with the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i need a good hiphop, jazz, techno, and r&b section. Who knows of a good site that would indexes all that?
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    hypesteve what i use is mbn.com.. it works well as it has many stations which i find that the hiphop works for me but the problem with it is that when you go to stream the music it makes a phone call and uses your minutes... that's the downside.... sorry mymbn.com is the right one.... .. had too much pimpjuice...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypesteve
    ps. who knows where i could find some good internet radio stations?
    On the PC side:
    http://portal.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast

On the Treo side:
    http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast

Enjoy