Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    The unlocked GSM version (with native DUN support) will disable all Internet functions within the Treo while DUN is in use. Specifically, if I go to Bluetooth and enable "Dial-up Networking", it will force all data sessions to terminate and will not relinquish control of the Internet to other programs that request it until I disable DUN at a later time.

So if I don't manually shut down Chatter prior to enabling DUN, I get flooded with the following error message:
    "Error: Disconnect data connection in Network Prefs and switch off DUN in Bluetooth Manager before retrying. (0x740F)."

My assumption is Chatter sees that it has lost the data connection, and tries to bring it up. When it fails due to DUN taking control, it goes back and tries again, etc.

A future version of Chatter might want to find some way of gracefully handling this scenario (or assuming it's possible, maybe there is a way of resource sharing despite the DUN insisting that only it own the data connection). The interim fix is shutting down Chatter when using DUN and then bringing it back up after finishing up with DUN.
    alee - I can look at this; I'm not sure how to tell that DUN is active, though.

Marc
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    alee - I can look at this; I'm not sure how to tell that DUN is active, though.
    Is there anyway to supress the error message... I don't know if that error hex code I gave you is enough to go on.