1. zdl
    Anyone know of an mms client that will allow me to mms pics to other carriers. I have sprint and their proprietary messaging client only works with other sprint phones. No one I know has sprint. I need to send and receive from verizon and tmobile. Can you use an instant message app? Has anyone found a good app?
    Interesting, I didn't know you couldn't do that with Sprint. YEs you can use Chatter email or Verichat Instant messging programs, both support attachments inlcluding pictures.
  3. zdl
    I'll check on those. Does the sendee need to run the app or can they just get it when I send to their number?
  4. zdl
    ok I noted that they are really instant messaging clients and appear to only allow messaging between active clients (running on the sender and receivers phone). I am looking for an app that will bypass sprints proprietary mms client so I can mms to a phone directly just as I can sms them.

Is it even possible? Why would sprint allow sms but not mms with other providers?
    Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about! I just update my plan to include unlimited picture share and I find it almost useless to upload pictures to a website and send a link to the reciever. For one, those without web-enabled phones (picture that in a world of mobile access!) cannot view it. And secondly, I dont want Sprint in any way tracing my data (look at Paris Hilton's recent debacle with T-Mobile). Thirdly, I cannot recieve MMS's, and that isnt fair or desirable. And lastly, it is soo much easier to send an MMS (if it sends it similiar to SMS, instead of accessing the web which dictates if you can be on the phone or not) and recieve one. Are there any 3rd party apps that will oversee and correct this inability?
    Bump!
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I also have sprint. In this past, w/ my 600 I was able to send pictures to Verizon customer ( read into: ex girlfriend). I just entered the nuber and the @verizon.blah.blah.blah.com. I also did this with a T mobile account.

Find out the @ address for the phone you would like to send the Pic to and send it w/ the Treo built in Txt msg
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.