Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Would you call the Treo an accessory then? One of them is an accessory, you tell me which one it is. I mean what the hell are you going to do with wi-fi without a keyboard. HELLOOOOO!

OK. Next thought. The Treo has a camera, buuuuuuuutttt it barely has enough room to store a months worth of calendar appointments. The LifeDrive has 4GB of storage and photo management software BUT NO CAMERA!
    Archie, device you are looking for is "Enfora Wi-Fi Sled for Treo650". Life Drive is a new PDA from PalmOne, first one to have 4GB hard drive build in. According to leaked specs, I do not think it can be used as a modem for Treo650 even in theory. So Treo is not accessory to LifeDrive nor LifeDrive is for Palm. Both are seperate devices where Treo650 is smartphone and LifeDrive is PDA. Hope this helps :-)
    My post was to be read in a condescending manner. It was meant as a slap in the face to get you people to wake up and see the writing on the wall.
    Well I sent this one today:

Dear Mr. Forsee,

My name is Anthony Spielman. I have been a SprintPCS customer for over 10 years. During that time, I've have been extremely happy with your service. I have purchased at least six handsets and been pleased, until now. Last year I purchased a Treo 650 based on the promise made by you through the TreoCentral web site that Sprint would be supporting Bluetooth Dial Up Networking (DUN) in the next release of firmware.

I quote, "Read your article on the Treo 650, and I wanted to make sure you fully understand the Bluetooth DUN stance from Sprint. While the functionality is not currently enabled (due to some timing issues around the launch), it will be enabled via a maintenance software release coming relatively soon (no specific timing is available as we have to test things to ensure the best possible experience). We currently support this functionality in the new PPC-6600/6601, so I want to make sure that there is not a sense that Sprint is suppressing a function. Once testing is complete, the functionality will become available."

I purchased my PalmOne Treo 650 as a replacement for my Treo 600 which was a replacement for a Treo 300. As of today, the Bluetooth DUN feature in the Treo 650 remains disabled as a result of Sprint's software implementation. This has been a well-known issue for many months.

It has now been over 6 months since this statement was issued, and there has been no further information from Sprint regarding Bluetooth DUN support on the Treo 650. I do not believe that there is an insurmountable technical issue. I can readily purchase unlocked Treo 650 devices from PalmOne that have Bluetooth DUN fully enabled for other carriers. I believe that the issue rests solely with SprintPCS. I would greatly appreciate your help in determining, once and for all, whether SprintPCS intends to issue a software update enabling Bluetooth DUN on the Treo 650. If so, I would like to know when or if not I would like to return my Treo for full credit as it seems that Sprint has misrepresented its claims regarding this device and DUN support.

I would appreciate the courtesy of a response.
    I am still kinda of hesitant to believe that Sprint will actually commit to releasing the DUN profile for the Treo 650. I'm not sure about this, but does Sprint offer any BT enabled phones right now where DUN is enabled?!!! If not, then why would they offer this on the 650? Hmmm... just call me a skeptic but I won't believe until I see it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunk is right (sceptical or otherwise). Sprint has rejected almost all BT enabled phones, so why would they open up the Treo 650 to DUN? My thought is they (and other carriers) are just going to ignore DUN until they can get true 3G data services going for a substantial premium.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I am still kinda of hesitant to believe that Sprint will actually commit to releasing the DUN profile for the Treo 650. I'm not sure about this, but does Sprint offer any BT enabled phones right now where DUN is enabled?!!! If not, then why would they offer this on the 650? Hmmm... just call me a skeptic but I won't believe until I see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    gfunk is right (sceptical or otherwise). Sprint has rejected almost all BT enabled phones, so why would they open up the Treo 650 to DUN? My thought is they (and other carriers) are just going to ignore DUN until they can get true 3G data services going for a substantial premium.
    Do you believe me now?
    Archie -

You get the prize for sticking by Sprint (slow or not); but let's see what happens to those unlimited data plans for bluetooth enabled phones/smartphones.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I wasn't sticking by Sprint. I hate Sprint.
    Are my posts that difficult to understand?????

What I was saying is that by releasing the LifeDrive, Palm will circumvent any Bluetooth disabling that carriers have introduced, thereby forcing those carriers into providing Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking. Then what do you know, Palm released the LifeDrive and sure enough, one week later, out comes the patch from Sprint.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123