Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Shimon,

As a registered 2day user, I've been waiting patiently for a HiRes version of 2Day. I'm being tempted to switch to Facer...but I don't want to!

Please tell me it's almost there?????
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    Hi Shimon,

As a registered 2day user, I've been waiting patiently for a HiRes version of 2Day. I'm being tempted to switch to Facer...but I don't want to!

Real sorry - still in over my head with TAKEphONE and some freelance work (making a living)...

I will do my best to get to it as fast as I can...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Hi Shimon,

Give the man a break....he works for a living like all of us. He puts out a great product with great support. If he says he'll have hi-res, he'll have hi-res. Give it a rest. Threatning to defect to another product is not going to make him work any faster just to satisfy you. He'll put out a stable product when it's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Give the man a break....he works for a living like all of us. He puts out a great product with great support. If he says he'll have hi-res, he'll have hi-res. Give it a rest. Threatning to defect to another product is not going to make him work any faster just to satisfy you. He'll put out a stable product when it's ready.
    I didn't find tonyricciardi's original post threatening at all. Shimon is in the software business. He may be a one-man, small-time, hobbyist but none-the-less is in the business. If he is unable to respond to the legitimate pressures of that business (the demands of customers) then he won't be successful.

IMO, Shimon IS very successful in his niche because of his response to his customers. The fact that he posted in response here, cheerfully, shows that.

Cheers
    Waiting ptiently for this too
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Maybe I was a little too harsh, but just trying to stick up for Shimon. He's too nice to go on a rant. Like the rest of us, I've been waiting, but because of his rep for support, I feel he deserves all the time he needs.

Ok, I'm calm. Sorry, tonyricciardi
  7.    #7  
    dwman,

If you take a careful look, I started the entire 2day thread many months ago, before you probably even heard of 2day or Shimon. If you check my posts, you'll see they are nothing but flattering regarding his work and communication with the board.

I am simply experimenting with different today screens and found one that I like as much as 2day. When 2day goes hires, I'll switch back to it immediately.

switch to decaf.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    dwman,

If you take a careful look, I started the entire 2day thread many months ago, before you probably even heard of 2day or Shimon. If you check my posts, you'll see they are nothing but flattering regarding his work and communication with the board.

I am simply experimenting with different today screens and found one that I like as much as 2day. When 2day goes hires, I'll switch back to it immediately.

switch to decaf.
    As I stated earlier, I was off on a rant...it's over, and I'm letting it go.
  9.    #9  
    Still waiting for HiRes 2Day. Any timeframes?

It's such a great app, but it's the only app on my 650 that has no hi res support.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Still waiting for HiRes 2Day. Any timeframes?

It's such a great app, but it's the only app on my 650 that has no hi res support.
    Hi,

I will post something preliminary early next week.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    awesome! If you want someone to do any early testing I'm your man! (I was the first person to register 2day )
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    awesome! If you want someone to do any early testing I'm your man! (I was the first person to register 2day )
    Suck up...
    guilty as charged
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Like most people here, I am a loyal user of 2day and looking forward to the next incarnation.

What I guess I don't quite understand is when you guys ask for hi-res, what parts of it are you asking about? As I look at it, I think it looks pretty good on the 650 screen. The launcher icons, days of the week, battery life indicator, 3d text, 4cast plugins,etc all look pretty sharp. With the exception of maybe the "2day" word in red/white/blue, what is lacking for you guys?

Just trying to understand.
    I am with you dwman - I am more interested in capability changes Shimon may be adding. Except for the "2day" red/white/blue logo which is definitely not hi-res quality, the rest of my screens are good to go.
    Charliec
    I notice there is also the power off icon at the bottom if you choose double lines to display the launcher app icons... i think that is not hi-res?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

I will post something preliminary early next week.

Thanks !

Any beta yet.

Waiting impatiently!
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Any beta yet.

Waiting impatiently!

Hi,

I am real sorry....
    My laptop broke down on me, and I have been unable to work for the last week or so...

I promise to "put the pedal to the metal..."
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Sorry about your laptop, thanks for the update!

If you need any testers.....
    http://www.shsh.com/beta/

thanks!!!!!!

pic with custom font from fonts40s5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 03/16/2005 at 07:27 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast