Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    well i have to vent. I took the plunge and got a crystal clear and i must say it is nice the best ive had, but with one flaw. there was a small cut in mine and i contacted boxwave, they wanted pics, sent pics, they want to charge me again and then have me send back the old then get a new one, well i use mt treo to manage alot of appointments, mail etc like we all do and i just dont want to take any chances. 15+ for a piece of plastic which i admit is great, and i really want one that is perfect, but after sending pictures to them and all this hassel im not messing with it anymore. im sure the profit margin they are making on this is worth lossing a customer cause that is where im at and what a shame its my first order.

i hope better luck to others
    Mt
    I love this product, and mine has a scratch as well. I DO NOT remember doing this. I noticed it the first day. Can you posta picture?
    I had a problem with them and they screwed me around until I posted here.

They eventually took care of things.
    I was thinking about ordering the same product but after reading this thread I think im going to pass. How dare ANYONE charge $15 plus shipping for a piece of 5 cent plastic and not bend over backwards to take care of their customers. What a shame.
    Well, I don't know if it's really a 5 cent piece of plastic or not. But I do know I have had the anti-glare protector on my 600 for over a year and it looks almost as good as new. Considering what it would cost to replace the touch screen (if you could even buy one), and how scratched up the screen on some of my prior PDAs got, I think it was $15 well spent.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Just ordered 3 for my new 650. I Had one for my 600 and it was great. When I emailed them and complained one mine was scratched when i opened it, they were responsive, but charged me for the replacement with a refund when the faulty one comes back to them. I guess it worries me that I am not the only one getting a bad unit. I hope they check into their QC.

greg
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    well they have not responded to the last 3 emails, i guess im thru being a customer , treo central screen protectors here i come. Id be happy guy if i could just get another one with out all the return bs hoops to jump thru, what if the new one is bad and i got a another charge i gotta deal with, just not worth it
    Mt
    Try Pocket PC Techs. I love their screen protector on my 600. Gonna buy one for my tablet PC, too.

Todd/Indy
    Received my Crystal Clear today, guess I'll find out how it is when I get another 650.
    1 | 2
    Yeah... they have pretty crappy service. They jipped me by sending me a defective cable and would not replace it...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    well i hope to keep this thread alive to show people what they might get into if ordering from Boxwave.

mt
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I still think they have a great product. I will still buy from them, but I am disappointed in their customer service.

greg
    ack! too late. i just ordered my $15 plastic from them. I should've gone with the krussel leather case for my 650.
    Has anybody had this problem?...
    My crystal clear for my 650 showed up. It's in perfect condition. I put it on, looks great....but one problem.....the screen in no longer touch sensitive. No matter how hard I push wit the stylus, nothing happens. Without the screen protector, my 650 works fine. I have never had this problem with other screen protectors from other companies. Did I miss something? I didn't contact boxwave yet, considering what I'm reading about their customer service, it probably wouldn't help.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    well i have to vent. I took the plunge and got a crystal clear and i must say it is nice the best ive had, but with one flaw. there was a small cut in mine and i contacted boxwave, they wanted pics, sent pics, they want to charge me again and then have me send back the old then get a new one, well i use mt treo to manage alot of appointments, mail etc like we all do and i just dont want to take any chances. 15+ for a piece of plastic which i admit is great, and i really want one that is perfect, but after sending pictures to them and all this hassel im not messing with it anymore. im sure the profit margin they are making on this is worth lossing a customer cause that is where im at and what a shame its my first order.

i hope better luck to others
    Mt
    mtgmt,

I apologize for not locating this thread sooner to assist you with this issue. Could you check your PM so that I may further assist you?

Best Regards,

Cho
    Quote Originally Posted by jedix
    My crystal clear for my 650 showed up. It's in perfect condition. I put it on, looks great....but one problem.....the screen in no longer touch sensitive. No matter how hard I push wit the stylus, nothing happens. Without the screen protector, my 650 works fine. I have never had this problem with other screen protectors from other companies. Did I miss something? I didn't contact boxwave yet, considering what I'm reading about their customer service, it probably wouldn't help.
    I've lost what seems like zero sensitivity after installing the Boxwaves from the Treocentral store. Very surprising. (these are not the crystal clear ones, they are the anti-glares)
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedix

jedix,

I'm sorry to hear that the ClearTouch is affecting the sensitivity of your screen.

Have you tried reapplying your ClearTouch?

The problem that you described is due to how the ClearTouch was applied to your screen. It's really easy to fix and it only occurs when the ClearTouch is applied with too much pressure. If you haven't already done so, try removing the ClearTouch and reapply it gently, laying it on top of your touchscreen. This should allow the "screen tension" to even out across the surface. You can also further improve the digitizer's accuray by re-caliberating it.

I hope this has helped you. Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Best Regards,
    Cho
    Wow! Thanks Cho! It worked. I used a credit card to smooth out the bubbles on previous attempts, which must have caused the problem. This time I just placed it on and gently pushed the bubbles out. The only problem I now have is one corner of the sceen protector won't stay down flat. I guess this is from the many times that I took it off to try again. Any ideas for this problem?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    as I read this, I almost didn't want to order these screen protectors - but having a Boxwave person come on this thread to help is very considerate. Unless I see further posts that negates this ... but is the TC store one the same as Boxwave's?
    Not only did boxwave respond to me in this thread, I received an email from them as well. For me, they have been very helpful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast