Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I must say too, these things have always been a real pain to put on. P1's that they sent I ruined in the first 5 seconds. But I thought the Boxwave was by far the easiest to install, although I can see people having issues. I really like my boxwaves.
    Ya know how they use contact cement for laminating counter tops and stuff? They put the cement on the base, and on the laminate, then lay thin boards down on the base and place the laminate on top of the boards.. When it's positioned right, slide the boards out a couple at a time and the laminate seats perfectly on the base.. Then edges are trimmed with router, etc..

Now, apply this to the screen protector installation using a couple toothpicks! That may work well.... Gotta try it next time I replace mine (except for the router part)..
    Quote Originally Posted by jedix
    Wow! Thanks Cho! It worked. I used a credit card to smooth out the bubbles on previous attempts, which must have caused the problem. This time I just placed it on and gently pushed the bubbles out. The only problem I now have is one corner of the sceen protector won't stay down flat. I guess this is from the many times that I took it off to try again. Any ideas for this problem?
    I've got the same problem with mine. I had to take it off so many times to get the dust, crud out from under it, I finally accidentally bent the corner so it doesn't lay flat on the screen, making it pretty useless. It never laid flat around the edges, either, which was quite annoying. I can't believe I paid $15 for this thing. Live and learn, I suppose.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    It seems as though many of you are having difficulties with your ClearTouch Screen Protectors.

Here are some suggestions in regards to these issues:

1) Screen sensitivity (Also addressed earlier in the post by Cho): Please try reapplying the ClearTouch gently. Too much pressure when applying will create tension, causing the surface of your Treo to desensitize.

2) Applying the ClearTouch free of lint or air-bubbles: There are many methods out there to apply the ClearTouch, but take a look at the Noisy Crow Method created by one of our very own customers. You can also try massaging the screen of your Treo in an outward direction to smooth out the screen of any bumps or bubbles.

3) To reset adhesiveness: Try washing the ClearTouch. This will clean out any loose particles that may loosen the adhesive.

4) Corners of ClearTouch not laying flat: If none of the above are the problems causing this to happen, we just ask you to allow some time. Eventually, the ClearTouch’s edges will settle down on the surface of your device.

*Note: Please apply the ClearTouch GENTLY. Although the screen protector is quite sturdy, it will definitely bend and damage when handled carelessly or with too much force.

Hope this helps address your concerns!

Please feel free to contact me through PM with additional questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
    Last edited by BoxWave; 02/18/2005 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave

4) Corners of ClearTouch not laying flat: If none of the above are the problems causing this to happen, we just ask you to allow some time. Eventually, the ClearTouch’s edges will settle down on the surface of your device.

Sung
    Sung,

I had #4 happen on the cleartouch crystal that I got. I gave it 2-3 weeks.. Still edges were messed up. I washed it and tried again.. another 2-3 weeks.. edges still don't stay down.

I emailed your tech support when I first got them... They told me to wait a little...

I guess it hasn't bothered me that much, but I don't know if I would buy them again because of this...

Do you think my Treo's screen is just not completely flat..or is it the Cleartouch? Will the non-crystal's work better?
    2) Applying the ClearTouch free of lint or air-bubbles: There are many methods out there to apply the ClearTouch, but take a look at the Noisy Crow Method created by one of our very own customers. You can also try massaging the screen of your Treo in an outward direction to smooth out the screen of any bumps or bubbles.
    I suggest the Dirty Sanchez technique... See above.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your private message on TreoCentral. According to our records, replies to your e-mails were sent out by our Customer Service Department on February 15th and February 14th addressing your ClearTouch Crystal issue. For some reason, it seem as though you were not able to receive any of these e-mails. If you scroll down below, I have included the e-mails sent out by our Customer Service staff on those dates.

In regards to your ClearTouch situation, please allow us to replace the unit for you at our cost. We've found the fastest way to do a replacement for our customers is via an advance replacement process. Here's what to do:

1) Ship the old unit with a printed copy of this email back to us at:

BoxWave Returns
    227 Bellevue Way
    Bellevue, WA 98004-5721

2) We'll advance replace the unit (charge your credit card for the new unit being sent until the old one arrives, at which point we'll re-credit your account for the value of what you paid for the old one).

" great i get another charge while "you trust that ill send the old one back", what they really mean is we dont belive you"

3) Ship it regular first class, don't worry about the shipping cost as we can compensate up to $2.50 for shipping/handling.

oh boy i get to take a chance on the USPS losing it and then im out the other 15.00, so i guess i can take it upon my self to pay MORE money and insure it or better yet send it fed ex , as things suckers are worth more that gold

Please let us know if this is acceptable to you as we cannot place an additional charge on your credit card without your consent. The satisfaction of our customers is important to us!

im afraid i dont like the offer, so im stuck with a defective unit, how nice.

I hope that this e-mail has helped clarify this whole situation. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me through PM. If you decide to do an advance replacement, please reply back to our Customer Service Department.

Best Regards,

Sung
    BoxWave Customer Service
    http://www.boxwave.com

----- Original Message -----
    To: xxxx
    Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:07 PM
    Subject: Re: order 4719169

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email!

I apologize for not being able to get back to you yesterday as Mondays are our busiest days.

We will be glad to ship you a replacement as the ClearTouch had arrived to you with a scratch. Winkie had sent you the terms of an advance replacement below. With the advance replacement, you will be able to keep the scratched ClearTouch on your unit until the replacement arrives so that the Treo will not be left unprotected.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Best Regards,

Suzanne
    BoxWave Customer Service
    http://www.boxwave.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out our newly released BoxWave Bundle Packs!
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/index.htm

To: 'BoxWave Customer Service'
    Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 4:59 PM
    Subject: RE: order 4719169

I guess it appears that I’m taking this as a loss. I will purchase some replacement protectors from the treo store. I think the product is great, the fact that I have a blemished on really stinks , as lint has already collected nicely under the corner ill trim it, wash it and be done. I thought the customer service was more to be expected and ill post my happenings on treo discussion. Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: BoxWave Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@boxwave.com]
    Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 7:28 PM
    To: xxxxx

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the unit sent to you.

Please allow us to replace the unit for you at our cost. We've found the fastest way to do a replacement for our customers is via an advance replacement process. Here's what to do:

i love it, at our cost provided we charge you again and we get the old back, unless of course mail man mike has a treo 650 and riffles the mail

1) Ship the old unit with a printed copy of this email back to us at:

BoxWave Returns
    227 Bellevue Way
    Bellevue, WA 98004-5721

2) We'll advance replace the unit (charge your credit card for the new unit being sent until the old one arrives, at which point we'll re-credit your account for the value of what you paid for the old one).

3) Ship it regular first class, don't worry about the shipping cost as we can compensate up to $2.50 for shipping/handling.

as long as it doesnt get lost i repeat this , then your out 15.45

Please let us know if this is acceptable to you as we cannot place an additional charge on your credit card without your consent. The satisfaction of our customers is important to us!

Best Regards,

Winkie
    BoxWave Customer Service

To: 'BoxWave Customer Service'

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:08 PM

Subject: RE: order xxx169

ok took a pic of the protector as it sits on my treo its on the lower left corner and im sorry but i cant get supper close and focus, its circled ,its a dash on the corner. see what you can tell, i dont have acces to any better camera at all, this was a best i could do with my canon elf, plus the fact its small makes it harder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: BoxWave Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@boxwave.com]
    Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:27 PM
    To: xxxx
    Subject: Re: order xxx

Dear Mxxx,

Thank you for your email!

Would it be possible for you to send us a picture of the cut on the ClearTouch? With this information I will be able to better assist you.

I look forward to your reply so that I may further assist you!

Best Regards,

Suzanne
    BoxWave Customer Service

Check out our newly released BoxWave Bundle Packs!
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/index.htm

To: customerservice@boxwave.com

Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:56 PM

Subject: order xxxxx

Wow what a great product!!! only i have one small problem, there seems to be a cut mark on the top of my protector, at first i thought it was lint but after getting out my jewlers loop it is a cut that seems to be made from the stamping/cutting process, im not sure. What can i do about this?

Thanks

xxxx

---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.818 / Virus Database: 556 - Release Date: 12/17/2004
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    still no response or fix to my defective screen protector
    mt
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    still no response or fix to my defective screen protector
    mt
    mtgmt,

Please check your PM regarding this matter.

We hope you understand that the advance replacement option that was initially offered to you is the quickest and most efficient way to replace products for our customers. Most customers are satisified with this option and we were hoping that this method will do the same for you as well.

Unfortunately, since you are not satisfied with this process, the only other alternative solution left is an exchange. This will require you to return the original product back to us as a new product will be shipped to you when we receive your package. How does this sound to you?

We hope that you take this offer as we feel that this is the best way to resolve this situation.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Best Regards,

Sung
    The Clear touch crystals are the best on the market right now. TC Doesn't offer them ...yet!... but hopefully they will soon (I've asked - if you like them you should ask too!), as Boxwave's price seems WAY TOO HIGH. I've used the TC Anti-Glare, and they're fine, they last forever, but the Cyrstal just look, feel and respond like glass!... it's as though your screen is BRAND NEW, and you don't have to be paranoid about scratches.

I bought one to try out, of course I didn't know how to apply it properly (I touched a TINY bit on the corner to apply) and that damn corner would NEVER stick properly, dust would get in there (just on the corner)...what a pain. I tried the 'underwater rinse' cleaning method (which is a joke...because you touch the damn thing again!).

Then I discovered the 'Noisy Crow' method which I still can't figure out...but I got the 'adhesive tape' part and applied with the tape...at this time I will officially call this the Dirty Sanchez method in homage to JoeBar and should be described as 'DON'T TOUCH THE SCREEN AT ALL EVEN A LITTLE IN THE CORNER IF YOU WANT IT TO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SCREEN!'. Boxwave should make this a required course for first time orderers.

Bought three more (because $15 for one is pure robbery!) Used the Dirty Sanchez method, and it worked... I have a beautiful screen. I think it's cool the Boxwave guy is trying so hard to resolve your issue mtgmt... I can understand if they don't get the old one back, they can't refund, they probably had fraud in the past, but I am with about the 'worth more than gold' thing. When you want something nice, you gotta pay for it... until you beg, cry and b***h at their competitor to get it (are you listenin' TC), then you get it cheaper, and Boxwave will find it hard to get their customers back, because it's perceived they took advantage... I can't believe these things are much to produce... but I'm a sucker for the beautiful screen protector.

Hey...I'll tell you what, you send me your address, and I'll send you one of my crystal's for the $9.00 I paid for it....(I'll want $9 for it though!) They're just sittin' in my desk drawer anyway.

Good Luck!
    This company is the worst when it comes to shipping and customer service (my opinion). I purchased a screen protector from them last year, and never received it. They claimed that it was delivered by the Post Office, and refused to help me any further. They told me to take it up with the post office. I reported them to the BBB, but later dropped the issue, as it wasn't worth the effort (only $15.00).
    So I have been spreading the 'good' words about them.
    /Tony
    From this and other threads I've seen, it seems like the only way to get support from them is to post here..
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I REALLY HOPE BOXWAVE IS READING THIS AS THEY WILL LOOSE ALOT OF CUSTOMERS. come on,
    this is customer service
    " i got a defective unit, ok ill send you some pics to prove it. great a new one on the way."

they see it alot different.
    mt
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    lol ok i odered a pair of soccer shoes online, they are wrong size, ill called them they said no problem, we ship you a new one 3 day express and when you like the fit call us back and we will talk about the return
    now that cust serv
    mt
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    mtgmt,

The only problem you seem to have with the way we are carrying out with resolving this issue is with the matter of returning the defective unit. We would like to emphasize that this is a standard procedure that is consistently carried out everywhere and not just for BoxWave. We offered to you the option of a replacement, and upon your dissatisfaction for that method, we furthermore gave you the choice for an exchange. (Both options fully at our cost). Unfortunately, none of these methods were carried out due to your delay in returning the defective unit. Although we would love to send you a replacement right away, we would always have to have the defective unit returned to us.

If you would like your situation to be resolved, feel free to write us a PM to carry on with the exchange. This is the only way that this matter can be settled. You can either return the defective product in a standard business envelop with a .37 cent stamp or we will send you a prepaid shipping label through email.

Hopefully we can resolve this matter quickly and efficiently in the best way possible, but we need your help in sending the defective unit back to us.

Best Regards,

BoxWave
    Last edited by BoxWave; 02/23/2005 at 01:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    mtgmt,

The only problem you seem to have with the way we are carrying out with resolving this issue is with the matter of returning the defective unit. We would like to emphasize that this is a standard procedure that is consistently carried out everywhere and not just for BoxWave.

Vaja cases is sending me a new case while keep my old case because something that they wanted to replace, by the way, so its not carried out "everywhere", and the case was 125.00 not 15.00

If you would like your situation to be resolved, feel free to write us a PM to carry on with the exchange. This is the only way that this matter can be settled. You can either return the defective product in a standard business envelop with a .37 cent stamp or we will send you a prepaid shipping label through email.

Im wondering why we pay 2.50 for shipping if a .37 stamp will do the trick, did you use trackable mail, I dont seem to recall my pack have a tracking number, so what happens if its lost in the mail???

Hopefully we can resolve this matter quickly and efficiently in the best way possible, but we need your help in sending the defective unit back to us.

Best Regards,

BoxWave
    well i did send you back a pm to hopefully resolve this
    best reguards to you
    cho
    After seeing the response from Boxwave regarding this issue I decided to take the plunge and order a boxwave cleartouch crystal for my 650. I must say, Im a bit confused as to all the posts regarding the difficulty in placement of the protector. In my opinion, the Boxwave cleartouch is by far the EASIEST screen protector to place than any other Ive tried. Its rigid for crying out loud! How hard could it be?

Heres my techinique... (No toothpicks, scotch tape, or any other materials needed)

1) First make sure you clean the screen out from any dust and fingerprints. Also, try doing it in a lint-free environment (i.e. in the bathroom after taking a shower)

2) Peel about a third (or even less) of the plastic backing away from the protector (from the top down) and fold it back onto itself grasping it on both sides making sure you are holding onto the screen protector in the middle where the backing still is in place. DO NOT TOUCH THE EXPOSED UNDERSIDE.

3) Grabbing both sides, align the top of the exposed protector to the top of your treo screen and place it. Once you feel as though its aligned perfectly then let it rest onto the screen. If its misaligned it shoudlnt be a problem realigning it since only 1/3 of the protector is exposed at this point.

3) Once the top-third sets in, carefully peel back the rest of the backing SLOWLY and let the boxwave protector settle in naturally. Make sure to gently smooth away any bubbles/air pockets. Since the boxwave protector is rigid it should fall in place just right. You might want to ease the placement by GENTLY taking a credit card and smoothing from the top down.

4) Now sit-back and enjoy.
    Last edited by The Truth; 02/26/2005 at 06:39 PM.
    I am a huge fan of the Clear Touch Crystals from Boxwave... but given all of the complaints about the company, and quite frankly the $15 charge for what appears to be 5 cents of plastic, I can proudly recommend these:

www.overlayplus.com

I just recevied my first one, and they are at least as good, if not superior in clarity (I couldn't believe that was possible!) than the Boxwave.

They're only a couple of bucks cheaper, and they say ("Chemically coated for High Scratch Resistant Surface" - for those of you who have scratched your Clear Touch Crystals in the past). So perhaps, as time goes on I can say they are BETTER than Boxwave, and at a more competetive price.

I still hope TC will find a way of duplicating either of these products, since all they carry now are anti-glare, which do not compare IMO even closely to the Crystals.

If TC has them at a fairly reasonable price vs. Boxwave, I'd buy them from TC in a flash.... Their Anti Glare Protectors are very high quality, but the Cyrstals have a much purer view of the screen.

Any way... Good Luck to all who have a need for these things.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12