1.    #1  
    Well, I've been like a kid in a candy store since I received my new 650 earlier today. I've downloaded some apps and I wanted to know what needs to be loaded on the internal memory vs. the SD card. Here is the list of apps:

Ptunes
    Ringo
    Treoguard
    MMplayer
    Inwatch Uninstaller
    BackupbuddyVFS
    Zlauncher
    Agendus
    Nesem
    I have MMplayer and Ptunes on my SD card. Zlauncher should be in RAM. Any thing that syncs databases should probably be in RAM. If you install Docs-to-Go, there is a utility from Dataviz that will move it to your card.
    I would put any uninstall program in RAM along with your backup utility and Agendus. You might try running Nesem from the card. I have all of my games on my card.
    Be sure to use the function in Zlauncher to move apps to the card. It will create shortcuts for you (they will have a Windows-like arrow on the icon).
    Zane
    Keep in mind that PTunes needs to be in RAM if you plan on using Shoutcast to stream music to your Treo.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    NesEM runs from the card. (tho doesn't the treo copy it to internal ram before it runs? I noticed this because I've tried some programs from SD that caused a reset and the program was in RAM after the reset)
    As far as I know, all programs must run from RAM. When I start Ptunes, I can watch Zlauncher move the program and related files to RAM, and when I exit Ptunes, it is moved back to the card. If I plan to run a Shoutcast stream that I do not have bookmarked in Ptunes, I open it first, then switch to Blazer to access the Shoutcast website. I then save the stream I want to Ptunes when prompted by Blazer. When I switch back to Ptunes, it is up and running.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    As far as I know, all programs must run from RAM. When I start Ptunes, I can watch Zlauncher move the program and related files to RAM, and when I exit Ptunes, it is moved back to the card. If I plan to run a Shoutcast stream that I do not have bookmarked in Ptunes, I open it first, then switch to Blazer to access the Shoutcast website. I then save the stream I want to Ptunes when prompted by Blazer. When I switch back to Ptunes, it is up and running.
    Zane
    I tried this yesterday and could not get it to work. I was told that I needed to run PTunes from RAM to get shoutcast to work. In the end, moving PTunes to RAM solved my problem. But after hearing your success I might give it a try.
    PowerRun is the other program people are using to move apps to the SD card. I don't know if PowerRun works differently from Zlauncher. I did try once to start a Shoutcast stream from Blazer without having started Ptunes first, and it didn't work. So, start Ptunes, then switch directly to Blazer, and all should work.
    Zane
  8.    #8  
    So, it sounds like most of my apps should be installed in RAM except for maybe Nesem. I can then use Zlauncher to move the apps to the SD card which will then create a shortcut in RAM. Does this sound right?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I don't like to run Pocket Tunes from the SD Card. I like to use background play and whenever I changed apps I would get a duplicate copy of the program in RAM. Also, how would BackupBuddy's automatic backups work from the SD Card? I think Ringo would also have to be in RAM for the phone to use it.

I have MMPlayer and Nesem in the SD Card and have no problems. Make sure you don't HotSync the ROMs though. Just copy them into the Nesem folder on the SD Card with a card reader. Otherwise they will ALL be loaded each time you run Nesem.
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/15/2005 at 07:37 PM.
    Your backup utility should be in RAM. I use Backupman, and it installs a copy of itself on the card, so if you have to restore, you have a copy available.
    Most any program that controls sounds like Ringo will have to be in RAM. Also, if you use a sound program that uses Ptunes to play mp3's, Ptunes will have to be in RAM only.
    Zane