1.    #1  
    Does the DUN let me connect to the internet via bluetooth when the PC is on a cable modem?

Thanks - I searched the forums and all I could find was articles on how to make the 650 act as a modem for a laptop...
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    Yes and no. When I used my Treo650 for BT DUN it used to steal the connection from my cable modem and hog it even after ending the session. . But since I moved to Cingular, and setup BT DUN correctly I can connect either way without having to unplug my PC card or my cable modem.

Get the correct DUN settings for your Treo. You did not say if it's Cingular GSM or Sprint CDMA.
  3.    #3  
    I have Tmobile with an unlocked GSM. DUN not crippled. I just want to use it like wifi.

Thanks for your response.
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    DUN and WiFi are two different things. To use your Treo650 for WiFi you need WiFi SD card, and possibly a patch to make it work. I believe shadowmite wrote one to get the PalmOne SD WiFi card to work with the T650. Please search the forums for it.
  5.    #5  
    right so how do i use the bluetooth to provide internet for the web browser on the t650.
    sanny, I have no clue what settings your provider uses yet. Call their tech support and ask for the user/pass/number to dial for a gprs connection. Then please post them for all to see...
  7.    #7  
    i think i may not be conveying myself correctly. i want to use the bluetooth to get the internet from the desktop computer PC since it is connected to the internet. Will it provide internet to the palm pilot/treo 650 via bluetooth?

sorry if this is really confusing.
    Yes, that's possible, you want to search this forum for reverse DUN
  9.    #9  
    thanks shadowmite i searched "reverse dun" and found quite an informative thread on it.