1.    #1  
    I found out today by experimenting that the 650 speakerphone does not support two way audio (full duplex) - if someone is speaking, they can't hear me if I start talking before they are finished. Has anyone else noticed this, or is my phone defective?

- Edited to clarify thread title
    Last edited by GatorFan; 02/15/2005 at 11:15 AM.
    are you on a cdma or gsm 650? no such problems that i've noticed with mine. you might wanna have it swapped out just for good measure.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    If I recall correctly the T650 has a 1/2 duplex speaker phone. In this case, when you try to interrupt the other person their voice will get choppy as you speak.
    Yes, per TonyH the terminology is "full duplex" for simultaneous communication of both parties and "half duplex" for one-at-a-time comm. We are highly conditioned to expect full duplex from the landline precedent of many years.

Todd/Indy
    Not just the speakerphone on this Sprint 650.

Tom
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the correct terminology - it was late and I couldn't remember full vs. half duplex for the life of me.

TonyH - How sure are you about this?
    Vet - are you saying that your regular calls are not full duplex?

Sucks about the speakerphone - you would think that a $700 phone would have a full duplex speakerphone!! Sigh...
    Was the speakerphone on the 600 full duplex? Might explain some of the echo issues many folks had (including myself), although poor placement of the microphone was to blame as well...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I don't believe my calls are full-duplex, no. When I talk, it cuts off the speaker. Two people talking over each other are mutually incomprehensible.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan
    Thanks for the correct terminology - it was late and I couldn't remember full vs. half duplex for the life of me.

TonyH - How sure are you about this?
    Vet - are you saying that your regular calls are not full duplex?

Sucks about the speakerphone - you would think that a $700 phone would have a full duplex speakerphone!! Sigh...
    No cellphone has a true full-duplex speakerphone. Even Nextels are all half-duplex. Some do a better job at it though and some are really easy to tell that they're only half.
    I would beg to differ:

http://commerce.motorola.com/consume...ll_compat.html

Quote Originally Posted by noob
    No cellphone has a true full-duplex speakerphone. Even Nextels are all half-duplex. Some do a better job at it though and some are really easy to tell that they're only half.