Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MVT, make two separate entries.

Assuming that your personal computer IP address is 192.168.0.2 (from your previous message), enter that with the port numbers on 2 separate lines under your "virtual server" router setup page, and check the "enable" box for each
    You can do it as 2 or you can use 8000-8001 (it should be the "-", it might be 8000~8001, I can't remember which one to use).
    I'm going to try it this evening...hopefully I'll have success and will be wiring money to someone!

Is there a shortcut to opening all these WinAmp things or do you folks just leave them all open?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    The router set up page now has a 192.68.0.2 line with 8000 and another with port 8001 enabled.

I have Realplayer open to the site with the station.

I have Shoutcast Service window open and the status shows a time counter going up and also shows bytes increasing by the second.

I have the sc_serv window open as well and it shows the date/time and [active] with the time counting up but it shows no listeners.

When I go to pTunes and use my IP:8000, it says "Reconnecting...." and never does anything.

It must have something to do with the router?
    You might want to disconnect the router and make a direct connection to your pc just to test to see if its your router or something else.
    Or better yet, I could PM someone my IP address to try to see if they can hear the station?
    If you have access to any other computers (either outside in inside your house), try opening your stream to see if it works.

The Shoutcast server window will show any attempts to open the stream, even if PTunes doesn't have enough bandwidth to play it.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    if you go into the shoutcast log.... (server log) it will show you if a connection is trying to connect. my memory seems to indicate (vaguely however) that i needed to put more than just the iport into pocket tunes deluxe for direct streaming. something about .pls added to the end of it i think. i had this problem in the beginning, i had opened ports but it would never connect until i realized the address differences between what i was putting in, and other stations had at the end of it. i believe in the manual it describes how to do it...
    also make sure you arent streaming at more than 64k... u might not have high enough data stream to do it
    once you see "buffering" on your treo when first connecting, it means you are connected and its golden baby
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [SHOUTcast] DNAS/win32 v1.9.5 (Dec 27 2004) starting up...
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] loaded config from C:\Program Files\SHOUTcast\sc_serv.ini
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] initializing (usermax:32 portbase:8000)...
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] No ban file found (sc_serv.ban)
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] No rip file found (sc_serv.rip)
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] opening source socket
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] source thread starting
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] opening client socket
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [source] listening for connection on port 8001
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] Client Stream thread [0] starting
    <02/19/05@07:46:50> [main] client main thread starting
    <02/19/05@07:47:08> [source] connected from 127.0.0.1
    <02/19/05@07:47:08> [source] icy-name:TRJONS1540 ; icy-genre:Talk
    <02/19/05@07:47:08> [source] icy-pub:1 ; icy-br:24 ; icy-url:http://www.shoutcast.com
    <02/19/05@07:47:08> [source] icy-irc:#shoutcast ; icy-icq:0 ; icy-aim:N/A
    <02/19/05@07:47:20> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
    <02/19/05@07:47:20> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: xx.xxx.xx.xx:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out)

That's from my log....

I blacked out the IP address in case someone is trying to hurt my computer
    You have a firewall turned on. It is probably the one built-in with WindowsXP with the SP2 update. It installs itself without you knowing and basically shuts down all your ports except for HTTP.

Disable your windows firewall.. Control Panel.. Windows Firewall... OFF.

Download and install the free version of Zonealarm if you are worried, though your router should stop most attacks.
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ku_list_za.jsp

Good luck!
    I actually tried that before...and PM'd you the results.

It must be the router...?
    PM?? I just registered.. haven't checked those yet.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yes, firewall or port is still blocking. you would see a log with your ip from your phone somewhere in there connecting
    it will look something like this in your shoutcast server window...

[dest: xx.xx.xx.xx] starting stream (UID: 0)[L: 1]{A: PocketTunes/3.0.6}(P: 0)
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Thanks for the awesome walkthrough, biochemgod. I got this setup last night and had it working on the first try!! (usually it takes me at least a dozen tries for most things) I love it!

MVT, per someone else's suggestion, I would take the router out of the equation and just hook your pc up directly to the cable/dsl modem.

As far as the windows SP2 firewall goes, it prompted me right after I installed the Shoutcast server if I wanted to unblock it. I said yes, and everything works fine. I didn't need to manually unblock ports 8000/8001.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I am looking to stream MLB.COM just like LouisW. Louis, do you have to start the stream by hand to get it going or can you start the gameday audio remotely? I just can't figure out how to login and select a game without being infront of the computer. If only Sprint/MLB/MobiTV would get their act together and get a client going for the Treo...

MVT - did you get your firewall problems worked out? I am going to make an attempt this weekend and will encounter a similar set-up to you... p.s. Fight On!
    Never got it working. If you do, tell me what you did!

Fight On!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanoj
    I am looking to stream MLB.COM just like LouisW. Louis, do you have to start the stream by hand to get it going or can you start the gameday audio remotely? I just can't figure out how to login and select a game without being infront of the computer. If only Sprint/MLB/MobiTV would get their act together and get a client going for the Treo...
    There are two options:
    1. Start it up before you leave.
    2. Use something like winhand (used to be free) or PalmVPN (or if you are xp pro you can use RS desktop(?)) . I use PalmVPN.

I am thinking about looking for a macro program to automate this process but I think I will stick to PalmVPN.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12