1.    #1  
    Im one of the ones that is patiently waiting for my Ground USPS Treo 650 unlocked to arrive. Since I have nothing else to do, I want to hear your feedbacks and comments for the Treo 650 unlocked T-Mobile Only! Please let me know of any tricks, do's, dont's, suggestions.. anything!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    for the love of god use the Search function! If you are that lazy, click this link! http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73385

As you can see there's quite a list already.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Well, I'm a noob here, but I just received my unlockec GSM Treo 650 today, put in my T-Mo Sim card, and selected "T-Zones" from the Prefs option. Tried to connect to the Internet but as soon as it connected it would cancel (the dialog box would show the handshake graphic, say "Connecting" etc., and then would say "Canceling..." and close the dialog box). I read somewhere here that in some markets (I'm in NYC) T-Mo was not allowing access to http sites using T-Zones. So I called T-Mo and upgraded to T-Mo Internet Unlimited for $19.99/month. Powered up the 650, selected "T-Mobile Internet" option from the Prefs screen, connected, and Voila! Couldn't be happier. All Web sites work, speed is sluggish but not too bad, haven't run speed tests or anything yet. But I LOVE THIS TOY!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    for the love of god use the Search function! If you are that lazy, click this link! http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73385

As you can see there's quite a list already.
    That link takes me to this page.. Can you give me the correct link? Thanks
    That's because your T650 is not setup for TMobile TZones. It is setup for Cingualr MEdia Net. And yes, the regular $4.99 TZones does not allow you HTTP access; only those ringtones and other trivial crap.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)

I think you are confused. If you put in a T-Mobile SIM, you automatically get T-Mobile Internet, T-Mobile VPN, and T-Zones in the network choices. Nothing needs to be setup. You don't get Cingular choices unless you have a Cingular SIM inserted.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    That's because your T650 is not setup for TMobile TZones. It is setup for Cingualr MEdia Net. And yes, the regular $4.99 TZones does not allow you HTTP access; only those ringtones and other trivial crap.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    the regular $4.99 TZones does not allow you HTTP access; only those ringtones and other trivial crap.
    To be accurate TZones also gives you unlimited POP3 email which is pretty nice for $5 a month. Not as nice as unlimited HTTP, but still handy.
    If you setup blazer to use the following proxy you can access http: with the $4.99 plan.

216.155.165.50 port 8080
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis

I think you are confused. If you put in a T-Mobile SIM, you automatically get T-Mobile Internet, T-Mobile VPN, and T-Zones in the network choices. Nothing needs to be setup. You don't get Cingular choices unless you have a Cingular SIM inserted.

I have a T-Mobile prepaid SIM which comes with the cheap TZones feature. On the T-mobile non-pda phone I can go to Tzones, read email, and download rigntones, but in my Cingular PPC phone, which is unlocked, it cannot connect; it can only make phone calls. I'm working to fix the tzone connection settings.

I see someone posted the proxy port number and address. What about user and password for tzones? I know they're required for MEdia Works when using a PPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    If you setup blazer to use the following proxy you can access http: with the $4.99 plan.

216.155.165.50 port 8080
    I'm trying to setup Tzones to run on a pocket PC phone. It requires

- Phone number to call
    - user
    - Password

On cingular this is common info, not unique to each user.

- Phone: #99*
    - User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    - Password: CINGULAR1

What is it for T-Mobile???
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I'm trying to setup Tzones to run on a pocket PC phone. It requires

- Phone number to call
    - user
    - Password

On cingular this is common info, not unique to each user.

- Phone: #99*
    - User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    - Password: CINGULAR1

What is it for T-Mobile???
    It's just #99* to dial. There is no username and password. Had that setting my my previous PDA, IPAQ 4155 paired bluetooth to my Nokia 6600 and it worked great.
    Yes, but a PPC is not a Treo. This isn't how it works with the Treo, with it you just insert the SIM and it knows what settings are available. As already posted, there are no user and password used by T-Zones or T-Mobile Internet.

I have a T-Mobile prepaid SIM which comes with the cheap TZones feature. On the T-mobile non-pda phone I can go to Tzones, read email, and download rigntones, but in my Cingular PPC phone, which is unlocked, it cannot connect; it can only make phone calls. I'm working to fix the tzone connection settings.

I see someone posted the proxy port number and address. What about user and password for tzones? I know they're required for MEdia Works when using a PPC.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    It's just #99* to dial. There is no username and password. Had that setting my my previous PDA, IPAQ 4155 paired bluetooth to my Nokia 6600 and it worked great.
    That is strange because every time I try (#99*) I get a log-in screen, asks for user and password. If I press OK it tells me "No modem at the above number. Check your connection settings."

Using "wap.voicesteam" is supposed to be a valid entry for the phone number as well. But it keeps getting disconnected.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Yes, but a PPC is not a Treo. This isn't how it works with the Treo, with it you just insert the SIM and it knows what settings are available. As already posted, there are no user and password used by T-Zones or T-Mobile Internet.

LOL. That ship seems to have sailed. You are right. A ppc is not a treo.
    Can someone relay me the differences in connectivity options between t-zones and t-mobile unlimited internet? Currently I am using the unlimited internet but have heard good things about t-zones (price & connectivity). Has anyone been able to access html with t-zones? Also, will the limited email port access on t-zones affect my chatter email configuration? Im spending quite a bit on my monthly plan and would like to evaluate my options with t-zones.
    I believe (from searching on these forums!) that http access USED to be available thru T-Zones but is not anymore, ar least in major markets. I haven't been able to access http on T-Zones here in NYC. T-Mobile Internet works flawlessly, though!
    Update: I decided to try T-Zones out for a week and just made the service change a
    a few hours ago (thank God for 24 hour CS). So far the change has already
    taken place, chatter works perfect, and Ive been able to connect to all the
    html sites that Ive tried. Looks like I just saved $15/month off my bill.
    Is there a way to check the amount of data usage (GPRS) on the Treo? Haven't found this in the manual yet.

I'm using the Tzones w/ proxy and would like to stay 'under the radar' with TMo. With my old phone (Nokia 3650) I only used about 1MB a month, but expect I'll use more with the Treo.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by cadavi
    Well, I'm a noob here, but I just received my unlockec GSM Treo 650 today, put in my T-Mo Sim card, and selected "T-Zones" from the Prefs option. Tried to connect to the Internet but as soon as it connected it would cancel (the dialog box would show the handshake graphic, say "Connecting" etc., and then would say "Canceling..." and close the dialog box). I read somewhere here that in some markets (I'm in NYC) T-Mo was not allowing access to http sites using T-Zones.
    Yes. I have the same problem. What can you access in Blazer with the $5 plan in NYC. I dont think the whole proxy/8080 workaround has effect in NYC. Has anyone gotten it to work?