1.    #1  
    Hi.

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 with built-in Bluetooth and a Treo 650.

I'm trying to connect the Treo to the Thinkpad, and I'm having some difficulties. When I use the Windows built-in Bluetooth manager, it recognizes the Treo, but it does not list any available services for the device. As a result, I am unable to add a serial port; therefore, I am unable to hotsync.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Ray.
    Which Treo 650 are you using? There seem to be variations in the Bluetooth stack between the Sprint, Cingular GSM and unlocked GSM models.
    Its been a while since I did this, so I'm fuzzy on the details, but you have to remove the IBM Bluetooth manager software entirely. Then use the windows Bluetooth Manager instead. Once you do this, you will be able to add the service you need.
    Its been a while since I did this, so I'm fuzzy on the details, but you have to remove the IBM Bluetooth manager software entirely. Then use the windows Bluetooth Manager instead. Once you do this, you will be able to add the service you need.
  5.    #5  
    I'm sorry I didn't mention this earlier. I'm using Cingular's version.

Incidentally, I am using Windows Bluetooth manager to do all of the discovering. Control Panel -> Wireless Link -> Bluetooth.

As an update, I tried using a Linksys USB Bluetooth adapter, and it's doing the same thing. It's telling me that there are no services found on the Treo even though it finds and pairs with the device properly.

I'm at a loss.

Is there some sort of patch that I am missing?

Thanks for all of your help.