1.    #1  
    In case anyone would find it useful: http://www.pocketgmail.com/

Seems 'risky' to use for anything you want to keep secret but it could be filed in the 'interesting' category
    FYI: This is an implementation of gmail-lite, a free php script that can be installed at your server, assuming you have one, such as a web host. Thankfully, it's dirt easy to install, basically requiring a simple ftp transfer of the related files to the server. Only one or two lines need to be changed, for configuration purposes. There's even a built-in diagnostic program, so it's hard to mess up the install. See http://gmail-lite.sourceforge.net/ (scroll midway down page). I'm told cookies are redirected, landing in your device, somehow fooling gmail. Main problem: the google folks sometimes change things, which shuts the script down. Good news: the developers stay on top of things. When such changes occurred last month, the fix was available within a day or two.
    Please forgive me because I'm new to this group. I just got my Treo 650 last week (first Palm device although experienced with the Microsoft and BlackBerry realm). I just use the POP3 settings for gMail and the built in VersaMail. Is this way better?
    wow this great thanx!
    I just use the POP3 settings for gMail and the built in VersaMail. Is this way better?

Depends on your mission at the moment. If you just want to get/read new mail and reply, POP3 is a great tool. But, if you want to search mail in your gmail account, apply labels, or any of the stuff typically done via desktop, then the script's gateway to gmail is golden. Same as the desktop, only with a nice and friendly PDA interface.

Incidentally, since the script takes you to the gmail server itself, no fear regarding the content of your note being left at the server where you accessed the lemme-in gmail form. At best/worst, your username and login data may appear in the server's log, where their gateway form lives. But frankly, I never went through my logs to look for such info.
    Wow, this is fantastic. I've installed it on my home server to use. The reason I don't like using VersaMail is b/c I have some issues with it and gMail's POP service. First, I like GMail b/c it stores lots and lots of my mail that I don't want to store elsewhere, namely a little device that already has memory problems. I just want to view new messages. Second, the POP implementation in GMail seemed out of whack for me. It was working, then it started returning messages to VersaMail out of date order and so VersaMail thought it didn't have any new messages and disconnected without any mail! Anyway, Gmail-lite fixes all this for me. Thanks, everyone!
    Good points. Thanks for clarrifying.
    The posted version seems to be for a pocket pc. Is there a link to a palm version?
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    The posted version seems to be for a pocket pc. Is there a link to a palm version?
    just pretend it says palm and it will work just fine
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I'll host it for you guys, no pocket pc background. Just plain and simple so it will load a bit quicker...

http://gmail.blackhaloinc.com
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)