1.    #1  
    I am in Canada and Data plans are too expensive... So my option right now is to receive my emails by sms (1234567890@txt.bell.ca). And this work extremely well for free unlimited received messages. However this sends only the first 150 characters. Altough this is enough most of the time I am wondering if there is a way to receive the email in multiple split messages ?

Some carriers will split your message and send them in several SMS but no bell mobility.

Any ideas ??

Thanks for your help !
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I like the title of this thread so therefore I am going to recycle it! Just like the title says, all I want is an SMS sent to my Treo when a new message arrives through a specific account. I don't care to get the whole message, in fact all I need is a custom message that says something like, 'New email received through Sales account'. I wold like to use the Rules and wizards function within outlook. Maybe a script that would make a new message and send it to the Treo.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you have sprint you can set up your account to text you when a new email arrives. But only on the Sprint default email (username@sprintpcs.com).

Also if you are on sprint any email send to 1231234567@messaging.sprintpcs.com will be sent as a text message (1231234567 = your area code and phone number)
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    ...<snip> I would like to use the Rules and wizards function within outlook. Maybe a script that would make a new message and send it to the Treo.

Any ideas?
    Here's a tip from February's PC World magazine:

Quote Originally Posted by PC World Magazine
    "Just enter the ten-digit phone number followed by @teleflip.com into the To: box of an email message. It looks like this 4255551212@teleflip.com.

And yes, the service is a freebie."
    Would this now enable your idea using Outlook's capabilities as you mentioned?
    I had that...I made a similar rule in Entourage to forward or (CC: ) any incoming message to my verizon 1235555555@vtext.com address, left it on the server, and then I could get the real copy into Multimail (so I didn't care if it truncated the thing).

But I broke down, got a data plan, so MM started giving me email alerts, so I turned off the rule. I dunno why, but I ain't complainin The rest is basically the same. Autchecking kinda also did away with the need for puch email too...or at least works as well.

Hopefully Thunderbird will make some better rules capability.
    Last edited by copasetic; 01/19/2006 at 10:43 PM.