1.    #1  
    Through many hours of diagnosing and figuring out why my SE HBH-300 headset was sometimes not receiving calls, I figured out the following steps to repeat the headset issue I was experienceing and the workaroumd.

For some of you experiencing issues with your headset, the following steps may help you.

1) Hard reset the treo 650 and pair the HBH-300 headset. The headset will work as designed and calls will be routed to the headset.
    2) Do a soft reset or remove the battery. The calls will not be routed
    to the headset.
    3) Erase the Bluetooth Device Cache file and then delete the device in
    the bluetooth sync manager. Pair the device with the headset and it will
    work fine.

Therefore, whenever a soft reset occurs or you remove the battery, the
    Bluetooth Device Cache file will become corrupted or not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene
    work fine.

How EXACTLY do you erase the Bluetooth Device Cache file AND how do you delete the device in they sync manager.

The only thing I found was the option to ENABLE/DISABLE Device Cache. I have a Cardo Scala w/static issues and their support group wants me to delete my device also.

Thanks.
    Through many hours of diagnosing and figuring out why my SE HBH-300 headset was sometimes not receiving calls, I figured out the following steps to repeat the headset issue I was experienceing and the workaroumd.

For some of you experiencing issues with your headset, the following steps may help you.

1) Hard reset the treo 650 and pair the HBH-300 headset. The headset will work as designed and calls will be routed to the headset.
    2) Do a soft reset or remove the battery. The calls will not be routed
    to the headset.
    work fine.

Just wondering (cos I too am using the HBH-300), what is the headset's "proper" behaviour (after hard reset but before soft reset)?

Is it:
    1. When an incoming call comes in, the headset rings.
    2. When making a call from the Treo, the audio is automatically transferred to the headset.

Would be interested to know but am unwilling to do a hard reset :-) Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Yes, your two points are correct. Basically, the call is routed to the headset if it is within range.
    Yes, your two points are correct. Basically, the call is routed to the headset if it is within range.
    Are you sure about point #2 ("When making a call from the Treo, the audio is automatically transferred to the headset")?

This means that:-
    When the Treo is sleeping, I press the phone button, dial a number, then the call is automatically transferred to the headset without me having to press any button on the headset at all.

I tried the hard reset you mentioned but am having trouble getting the call to automatically transfer to the headset w/o pressing the HBH-300's button. If I press the button, it transfers. But if I'm right, what you are saying is that I wouldn't need to.

Care to double-check this?
  6.    #6  
    yes, make sure you complete step 3 properly and point #2 works...
    do you guys like your headset? i'm having problems with it ... i can recieve my call with no problem , but sometimes i can't view the last dials or recieved on the headset....

sometimes i can see it ... it seems very unstable ... anyone have this problem?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)