Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I have a Handspring branded Sprint T600 which has been very stable until recently.

This is Hardware Rev. C with Software V. 1.20 and the warranty expired Nov 14 2004.

The only network intensive application I run is Chatter Email and recently battery life is DRASTICALLY more poor. I get the dreaded "NO Service" message with the battery at 50% or so. Even with Chatter disabled, I can't seem to make it through the day with minimal voice and web usage.

If for the battery life, I love this 600; the screen is nice and white, all the buttons work well, speaker and earpiece sound are good, the SD card stays firmly in the slot...basically, I'd had to give this particular unit up.

I have lockline insurance but I run the risk of getting a buggy refurb'd Palmone branded 600 with the bluish(sp?) screen.

I've read about the 2000 mAh battery replacement and I'd anyone to share their advise...shall I replace the entire unit or take a shot at the battery?

TIA
    You might consider replacing the battery. I used to find parts at www.usedpalmpilots.com but I think the site is gone. If you have to upgrade, have you considered the T650?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    You might consider replacing the battery. I used to find parts at www.usedpalmpilots.com but I think the site is gone. If you have to upgrade, have you considered the T650?

Have you had experience replacing the battery? If not, that's okay, and yeah that company appears to be long gone.

I am considering upgrading and also switching to Cingular/GSM but I'd rather return this 600 to decent condition before selling or handing down to an employee.
    www.pdaparts.com

I changed my battery, and have been forever free of the 'network search'. All my refurbs had the problem after a few months of use. Its pretty easy to do, too.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    www.pdaparts.com

I changed my battery, and have been forever free of the 'network search'. All my refurbs had the problem after a few months of use. Its pretty easy to do, too.
    How long ago since you replaced it? Did you get longer usage time also?
    I replaced the battery in my Sprint Treo 600 about 2 months ago, and I have been very pleased with its performance since then. When the phone was around 14 months old I began to get the "no service" problem and had difficulty placing and receiving calls. I bought the battery from www.PDApart.com, and it was fairly easy to install with the instructions that were provided. My battery life appears to be longer than with the original battery. I recommend performing a search of this site for battery replacement.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otaylor
    I replaced the battery in my Sprint Treo 600 about 2 months ago, and I have been very pleased with its performance since then. When the phone was around 14 months old I began to get the "no service" problem and had difficulty placing and receiving calls. I bought the battery from www.PDApart.com, and it was fairly easy to install with the instructions that were provided. My battery life appears to be longer than with the original battery. I recommend performing a search of this site for battery replacement.
    Thanx for the recommendation. I actually did a search but there were so many threads and I've "heard" different feedback about the longevity of the replacement battery.

Thanx again.
    Will Palm One replace battery?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I doubt it since the warranty expired November 2003, but I will consider it.
    I was thinking that they may do it for pay.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    that's a thought, don't know why this idea hadn't occurred to me.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    The spec for their 2000 mAh battery is the same but their store review is GREATLY varied, anyone have purchasing experience to share?

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-ap...600&CMP=AFC-cj
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    www.pdaparts.com

I ordered a battery from laptops for less (http://l-f-l.com), ordered a Torx wrench set from Home Depot, now do I need the plastic case opener from pdaparts? Any helpful experience, thanx again to all TC posters.