1.    #1  
    I have ZLauncher running (do people keep it running all the time vs the original skin?), Verichat Always On, and Chatter Always On (except during 11pm-7am for both). This morning, I left the house at 7am and took the 650 off the charger. I did a few instant messages thoughout the day, but mostly adding in appointments to the calendar, and checking some email. The screen does come on and alert when an IM or Email comes through, but only for a few seconds.

Around 5pm, I noticed my battery down to about 26%. Is there a way I can improve battery life? I'd really like to keep the Always On option on Verichat and Chatter. I did lower the amount of time the screen stays on and I hope that helps tomorrow. Any other ideas? I've heard that some keep theirs running for up to two days without charging. I don't have a problem charging nightly, but at 5pm, I'm usually not home. I'm usually out later, and 26% at that time is unsettling.
    What is your screen brightness set to? That can really affect battery life.
    Do you have Bluetooth enabled?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    My brightness is set below the halfway mark, and at the time, bluetooth was not enabled (I will have to enable it 24/7 now that I have a headset though, so I want to factor that in for the future).
    I usually get down to around 10% between 7am - 10pm. I have Verichat always on, and Versamail checking mail every 5 mins. This is when I don't have Bluetooth on. My screen is slightly below the halfway mark.

That's why I am buying an extra battery for around $30 (Buy.com). I think it's worth the price for the peace of mind.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  6.    #6  
    I think that may be the answer. I don't necessarily need instantaneous email, so checking every 5 min or so might be the best solution. I was trying Chatter out because I like the Push feature. I'll see if the VersaMail helps.
    Versamail autosync sucks power. I turned off autosync and noticed a big difference.
  8.    #8  
    I really hate how VersaMail looks, especially once I went back. Chatter handles my multiple accounts great as well as my IMAP folders. So we're back to square one on how to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I have ZLauncher running (do people keep it running all the time vs the original skin?), Verichat Always On, and Chatter Always On (except during 11pm-7am for both). This morning, I left the house at 7am and took the 650 off the charger. I did a few instant messages thoughout the day, but mostly adding in appointments to the calendar, and checking some email. The screen does come on and alert when an IM or Email comes through, but only for a few seconds.

Around 5pm, I noticed my battery down to about 26%. Is there a way I can improve battery life? I'd really like to keep the Always On option on Verichat and Chatter. I did lower the amount of time the screen stays on and I hope that helps tomorrow. Any other ideas? I've heard that some keep theirs running for up to two days without charging. I don't have a problem charging nightly, but at 5pm, I'm usually not home. I'm usually out later, and 26% at that time is unsettling.
    Using Verichat always on will drain you faster, use SMS to conserve bbattery life.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for that info. What I will try tomorrow is to only use Verichat when I am away from my computer and actually want to instant message, but I will keep Chatter on. I will use the phone normally and see what happens. I'll report back.
    Since you leave verichat always on that is going to suck a lot of power. It keeps GPRS on and maintains contact with the towers. Bluetooth however only transmits to ~30ft. so its not that big of a drain. Here's a list of battery drainers:

1. LCD Screen + Backlight
    2. Voice call
    3. GPRS
    4. Bluetooth
    5. Speaker
    6. Infrared (uses very little but can be turned off)
    I have the phone on starting at 7am, off at 10pm. I use Chatter all that time syncing with one mailbox, bluetooth on all day, about 20 calls, screwing around with this and that, and by 10pm I have about 35% battery left. I think thats not too shabby.
    Ya i think the battery on this thing is awesome. Most devices like this require a recharge every night..
  14.    #14  
    Ok, I had much better results today. Out at 7am, in by 9pm, and I have 30% left. Much better than yesterday. The key was Verichat. No need to have it when when I'm not using it all day. I left everything else as is and used the PDA phone regularly. Not bad. I still think it needs to be recharged each day, but that's not a big deal to me.