Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anybody have any reported speeds from Vegas on TMobile?
    Yep t-mobile is on the come up.. I just left them for cingular but was very satisfied with the service.

If you want to know more about the now ending Cingular/T-mobile network agreement in NYC/NJ and CA/NV:
    How the T-Mobile/Cingular agreement works

Read here about T-Mobile's purchase and the new leasing agreement with Cingular:T-Mobile buys US mobile networks for $2.5 bil
    that article makes sense with the data speeds on the tmobile network. if the GSM network subsidiary of Cingular and Tmobile has EDGE then both cingular and tmobile have edge
    I know this is a GSM thread, but I just clocked in at 79 kbit/sec with one bar on Sprint.

Latency stinks though......2.551 sec.
    what gives? how come nyc users are getting slow results?

i'm only getting 24kb/s and 6+ sec latency... does the GPRS/EDGE data network suffer in performance in relation to the number of users or are they somehow capping the bandwidth or limiting to GPRS only for non-business users? i'm assuming there is a greater density of cingular data users here than anywhere else which might affect performance but at the same time cingular should want to ensure qos because there is such a concentration of business users here...

then again gsm service in this area has always been subpar...
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    35 k here in Denver. And i have a Treo 600
    Treo 600 does not have an edge radio (GPRS only)... so it wouldn't make a difference...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk
    what gives? how come nyc users are getting slow results?

i'm only getting 24kb/s and 6+ sec latency... does the GPRS/EDGE data network suffer in performance in relation to the number of users or are they somehow capping the bandwidth or limiting to GPRS only for non-business users? i'm assuming there is a greater density of cingular data users here than anywhere else which might affect performance but at the same time cingular should want to ensure qos because there is such a concentration of business users here...

then again gsm service in this area has always been subpar...
    Yes the article does mention cingular has capacity issues in NYC after the data hits their own switches.
    I live in San Diego and have the T-mobile unlimited data plan and am getting a mere 22kb/sec with the same tests. I feel cheated...
    Sitting on the 46th floor (of the tallest building west of the Mississippi) in downtown Los Angeles and only getting 31 kbit & 1.867 latency Will have to try it later from the ground.
    tmobile unlocked 650

33kb/s in hawaii with blazer..

got almost triple the speed when i used xiino..
    In other parts of L.A., such as South Bay and around USC, I've hit about 90kb
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am new to the 650. What settings are you guys using to setup up gprs on Tmo? Any info would be great?

thanks

AC
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12