Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    It's Here! It's Here! It's Here! It's Here! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    Finally! Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Here's a frustrating situation: the USPS site showed that my package was delivered to my post office on Tuesday; I expected it to be delivered Wednesday (yesterday), but it didn't arrive. I called the Post Office today, the lady looked up my tracking number, agreed that it said that they should have it, but she couldn't see that they had scanned it as having arrived. I asked how that could happen, and she said, "Sometimes those guys (meaning, I guess, FedEx) just throw the box up on the dock and drive off; we don't find it until later. Other guys, like DHL, will bring it inside and get a signature."

Wow. This is definitely the last time I use Parcel Select as a delivery choice. Wish me luck.
    Here's an update, with a 'thumbs down' for USPS and a 'thumbs up' for Palmone:

It turns out that my package was scanned as having arrived at my post office on 2/15 and that my normal carrier remembered marking the package the next morning for loading on the truck. She, however, had a doctor's appointment later that morning, so a new guy took over her route for the day; he doesn't know what happened to my package, because it was never scanned as having been delivered. They can't find it at the post office and seem reluctant to poll all the houses that received packages on the route that day to see if it was delivered to the wrong house. Jeez...

On the other hand, a call to sales dept at Palmone this morning yielded better news. I don't have to worry about filing a claim with the Post Office and waiting 30 days for my money; Palmone will file the claim and remove the original charge from my card - I should have the money back in a couple of days.

As soon as my card's been credited, I'll order another Treo 650 - but, believe me, this time it's shipping FedEx!
    Bill, that truly sucks. As for me, I've got the Cingular VM bug, and any attempt to dial with the on-screen dial pad soft resets the phone. But other than a few minor app incompatabilities, I'm in good shape. The volume on the headsets a bit low for my taste, though. Any other LA Cingular folks feel that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Bill, that truly sucks. As for me, I've got the Cingular VM bug, and any attempt to dial with the on-screen dial pad soft resets the phone. But other than a few minor app incompatabilities, I'm in good shape. The volume on the headsets a bit low for my taste, though. Any other LA Cingular folks feel that way?
    I'm in VA, and yes the volume is low.
    My GSM Unlocked arrived today, 2/22 after having ordered it on 2/2 at 7:30am!!! It took from 2/11 - 2/22 for Parcel Direct and USPS to actually get it to my office! Unbelievably bad service IMHO. I shoulda spent the $15 and had it sent FEDEX...now I know.

The upside, I paid only $499, no tax or shipping (bought it back when the Treo was $599 + my $100 developers discount...before they changed the rules on both!) I sold my Treo 600 on eBay back in late October for $400, so this thing cost me $100 more, I guess, plus having to buy all new accessories. BTW, thanks for all the Bluetooth headset recommendations...the Scala 500 is amazing!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678