Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Don't joke guys, I WILL drive there and get all three of our phones if it was possible. Someone in this thread said they had the post office hold it for them. I think that might be the quickest way to get my hands on it.

Are you guys existing Cing customers?
    Give me an address and I'll go!

Also, Do Parcel Direct have a customer service number?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Don't joke guys, I WILL drive there and get all three of our phones if it was possible. Someone in this thread said they had the post office hold it for them. I think that might be the quickest way to get my hands on it.

Are you guys existing Cing customers?
    I wasn't joking... http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...sfiring_v1.gif

I'm using T-Mobile. What part of LA are you guys in? I'm around San Gabriel.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    I live in Santa Monica, work in Culver City.
    Thats funny, I live in Long Beach and work in Santa Monica. Soulreaver, do you live in San Gabriel and work in Long Beach?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    i work in woodland hills

Hey, for those who got theirs through USPS, did it come in with your regular mail or was it a seperate truck?
    Last edited by soulreaver99; 02/17/2005 at 03:22 AM.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Well mine is supposed to arrive today. I was worried that the mailman would just leave 1 of those postcards for me to pick it up tomorrow since I won't be home. But, some bad news got a little good news added to it. My 1 year old has a fever (bad news) so the out-laws are coming over to watch him. That means they'll be there when the mailman arrives.
    Mine came yesterday, even though the Parcel Direct site said it was enroute from the LA sort station to another one. Came with my regular mail delivery, was just left at my front door. Hope the rest of the California Treos show up for others.
  9. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Got her yesterday. Seems stable. I installed all my old programs and contacts and still have 14 MB of RAM. I can live with that. I am having a little trouble getting the BT DUN to work.
    They finally arrived!
    What part of CA are you in Holy-Frijole? Im in Santa Monica and the darn thing is not here yet! Any update Soulreaver, Swingline? My CA buddies..
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Mailman came, Treo still did not. WTF?! This is bullsh*t!
    Well, it arrived. I waited behind a deadbeat to get signed up. He couldn't do service without a contract, so I had to wait for him to fax something to someone as he transferred me from Sprint.

The phone service works, but I can't connect to Media Works. The SIM card configured the phone, but it tries to connect and then just disconnects. Any ideas?

I have the unlimited $24.99 plan on my phone and the $19.99 8mb plan on my wife's phone.

One odd thing. I tried registering both at http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net and the text message confirmations went to the wrong phones.
    Mine came yesterday to Sherman Oaks PO I called and told them to hold it and I went and picked it up. I now have the new Treo and popped my old Tungsten W's sim from ATT in and it worked like gangbusters. Loaded most of my software and have had little trouble. Hope you all get yours today! It was worth the wait!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Guys, you're going to get it. I just checked mine for the first time since Monday I think because it wasn't giving any status before then. It says it was scanned in my town at 10AM this morning. Will it be there when I get home? Not sure. As long as it gets to eventually I'll be ok. Really, I have a Treo 600 that works perfectly well. I'm anxious to get the Treo 650, but in the scheme of things, you gotta take a breather and get a bit of persepective. My only issue really is that I need to make sure that I get it before I go away for the weekend as I don't want it to be sitting on my front steps for two days! Then again, I can always get a neighbor to come look for it and hold onto it for me. I know I've been waiting for this thing since it was announced in the Fall. A few more days is not goin to kill me. If I really needed it as soon as possible I would have gotten it expressed. Heck, I would have bought myself a Sprint version for that matter. But as much as some people would have you believe, it's not the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Here's a frustrating situation: the USPS site showed that my package was delivered to my post office on Tuesday; I expected it to be delivered Wednesday (yesterday), but it didn't arrive. I called the Post Office today, the lady looked up my tracking number, agreed that it said that they should have it, but she couldn't see that they had scanned it as having arrived. I asked how that could happen, and she said, "Sometimes those guys (meaning, I guess, FedEx) just throw the box up on the dock and drive off; we don't find it until later. Other guys, like DHL, will bring it inside and get a signature."

Wow. This is definitely the last time I use Parcel Select as a delivery choice. Wish me luck.
    Mine finally arrived with the postman (postlady, actually) and ... so far, so good. Moved my Cingular SIM from my Nokia to the 650, charged the battery and followed Palm's instructions for upgrading from a previous Palm device. I haven't installed anything yet except Uninstall Manager but the phone works, my contacts and calendar transferred in from Outlook, and I can browse the web.

I've got my fingers crossed that it will continue to be okay...
    I'm in the fabulous Inland Empire area of California. I configured MediaWorks on my Motorola V60 before switching the sim into the Treo. The Treo automatically detected the settings and worked like a charm. The most painful thing was trying to wait the full 4 hours to charge before I started using it, I couldn't resist.
    I got mine today.

I am trying to figure out how to have the Treo pull email via Xpressmail on a set timeframe. Any ideas?

I installed Xpressmail, but am trying to set it to pull in the smallest increments as possible. Help.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Ok LA people, you guys think we'll get ours tomorrow?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast