Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I got a utility from Dataviz that allows you to move Docs To Go to my SD card, which has given me several megabytes more breathing room on the device. Everything is working fine now.
    I'm in Vegas.

I signed up for the email tracking with USPS about 10 minutes ago, and then got an email that said:

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ELECTRONIC SHIPPING LAS VEGAS NV 89119 02/15/05 2:50am
    INFO RECEIVED
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly, the USPS website says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on February 15, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

and the Parcel Selct website says:

Anticipated in Home: 02/17/2005
    Date Time Activity Location
    02/15/2005 03:47:04 Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
    02/13/2005 20:40:00 Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
    02/12/2005 05:34:40 Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
    02/11/2005 17:18:01 Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
    02/11/2005 11:14:00 Pickup LOUISVILLE, KY

SO WHEN DO I GET MY TREO?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I received my package this morning. Now I'm not sure if I want to open the box with all of the problems I've been reading on this site about the 650.
    How did you sign up for USPS tracking emails? Did you get a USPS tracking number somehow? I only have the Parcel Direct tracking number, which has my package in West Virginny since Saturday. That number doesn't work at usps.com.

My Treo has been sitting 2 hours from my house since Saturday, and it didn't arrive in the mail today. Sheez!
    Last edited by convbcuda; 02/15/2005 at 03:28 PM.
    Mine still reads At Sortation Facility in Los Angeles. I should have forked over the $15 for Fedex shipping. Didn't realize Palm would use USPS rather than UPS ground or Fedex ground. Well, I guess you live and learn.
    Anticipated in Home: 02/18/2005
    02/15/2005 08:06:00 USPS Entry NEW JERSEY, NJ
    02/15/2005 06:30:00 Sortation Center Departure EDISON, NJ
    02/13/2005 12:56:18 Sortation Center Arrival EDISON, NJ
    02/12/2005 03:09:48 Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH

The funny thing, actually not so funny thing is that the delivery destination is only about 30 miles from Edison, NJ where my Treo 650 has been since 12:56 PM on the 13th and they say that the estimated arrival date is 02/18/2005. I am thinking there must be some Conspiracy to deprive me of my Treo 650, nothing else can explain how it would take them 5 days to travel 30 miles. Hmmm.. the more I think about it, I think it must be the wife. Obviously she did'nt want to compete with the Treo on Valentines day and then there is the Wedding Anniversary too. Oops almost forgot that's today, I better go give her the flowers now before she reminds me.
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    How did you sign up for USPS tracking emails? Did you get a USPS tracking number somehow? I only have the Parcel Direct tracking number, which has my package in West Virginny since Saturday. That number doesn't work at usps.com.

My Treo has been sitting 2 hours from my house since Saturday, and it didn't arrive in the mail today. Sheez!
    I just used the same tracking number.
    Quote Originally Posted by rziems
    I just used the same tracking number.
    Track & Confirm
    Current Status
    You entered 0260 #### #### #### ####

There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Track & Confirm
    Current Status
    You entered 0260 #### #### #### ####

There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.

Bummer. That is exactly how my number looks.
    It should be the number after &PID= on the parcel direct web site. At least that is what mine was. If that doesn't work, then I can't help you. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by dskpl98
    It should be the number after &PID= on the parcel direct web site. At least that is what mine was. If that doesn't work, then I can't help you. Sorry.
    Yep, that's the number. No need to apologize. It ain't your fault.

02/12/2005 14:34:08 Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
    02/12/2005 06:07:00 Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
  12. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    She is sitting in my local post office a mere three miles from my house since 9:46 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by aolumide
    Ordered my unlocked GSM T6.5 on 2/2. It was picked up from KY on 2/11, enroute to MD. According to the tracking data, it left a sorting center in WV at 7:45 am today, so all things being equal, I anticipate it arriving tomorrow.
    As expected, my unlocked t6.5 arrived today. Just did a quick T-Mob SIM test (Insert SIM, attach to network, confirm phone info is same, call home from treo, call treo from home, start-up blazer)

It's all good.

Peace.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Bad News. The received email I got, was actually that the post office in my area which received it. So it looks like I will get it tomorrow. This absolutely sucks.
    Hmm. Parcel Select didnt update my tracking info yet.

02/14/2005 05:30:13 Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH

Whats wrong!!!!! If i dont get it by this week Im gonna be so pissed! Dammit i want my Treo 650!
    The last I was able to get through I had the same info as you, but for the last three hours I haven't been able to even get to that page- it just times out.
    I got it! About 4PM today. Took half day vacation from work after the nice people at my local postoffice called to say it was there. I arranged for them to call me and hold it, rather than leave it outside in the cold.

This thing is awesome. Only one minor glitch so far. I put the battery in and fire it up...and I get Italian!!! ...WTF! Hard reset...pick ENGLISH...good to go!

It looks like my box had been opened. Clear round seal was neatly peeled off and stuck to the side of the box. My guess is that they opened the unlocked GSM's and re-flashed the ROM. Mine shows V1.14.

Some other good news...My Nokia branded horizontal case for my Nokia 3650 works with the 650. It's a little longer than needed, but the width and thickness are right...amazing! I hadn't ordered a case yet until I was sure about keeping the 650. So at least I will have something to get by with until I get a proper TREO case.

No crashes or resets yet...but I haven't scyn'd from my M505 yet. Have internet up and running on TMobile Tzones $2.99 plan (thaat's right...I'm grandfathered at $2.99!)...full access, haven't checked the speed yet, but it seemed better than on the Nokia 3650.

That's all for now...I'm off to play!
    Last edited by paris; 02/15/2005 at 08:35 PM.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Well, I finally have an estimated delivery date of 2/17! WTF?? Five days to go about 100 miles??

It's time to break up and privatize the USPS! I've had packages from CA sit in FL for a week before getting to VA. Another sat 25 miles away in MD for 5 days.
  19.    #59  
    Guys, every time I log on to the PalmOne website to check my order status, the main page says that my Treo shipped. But when I click on "View Order", it says everything is backordered. I called palmone and they gave my a long number starting with 0260, but I can't find any place to track it. There's nothing on the PalmOne website to input that number, and I can't find any place to put it on the Parcel Direct website. Any ideas? Anyone got a URL I can go to?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Guys, every time I log on to the PalmOne website to check my order status, the main page says that my Treo shipped. But when I click on "View Order", it says everything is backordered. I called palmone and they gave my a long number starting with 0260, but I can't find any place to track it. There's nothing on the PalmOne website to input that number, and I can't find any place to put it on the Parcel Direct website. Any ideas? Anyone got a URL I can go to?
    Try this link but after clicking on it...replace everything after the PID= with the numbers they gave you

http://http://www.parceldirect.com/p...3121830237xxxx
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast