Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I am still waiting for my unlocked Treo 650, Palm shipped it a few days ago. Has anyone set one up on T-Mobile yet? It seemed like the troubles people are having are on the Cingular network and no one has mentioned T-Mobile yet. Just curious, awaiting my new Treo!
    using it on tmobile in LA right now. works great. just dropped in the SIM card and went for it.
    i'm currently on a subsidy unlocked cingular 650 and am using t-mobile service with third-party apps, zero problems, and the cheesiest smile running ear to ear
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I just received my unlocked Treo 650 and have dropped my T-Mo SIM card into it. Everything seems to work and aside from it being about 4x slower when downloading Data than it would be if it had a Cingular SIM in it I'm happy.

Hopefully T-Mo will get on that EDGE upgrade soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by joegillis
    using it on tmobile in LA right now. works great. just dropped in the SIM card and went for it.
    What phone was the sim in before and what plan are you on? TZones? I'm hoping that all I'll have to do is swap the sim and be good to go...I'm currently using a Nokia 3650 with TZones.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I'm sending back my Cingular T650/ My unlocked T650 w/ T-mobile sim is showing 86-105 kbps with dslreports mobile speed test. Sorry guys, That looks like EDGE speeds to me considering I'd usually see 38-46kbps on the T600. T-mo uses Cingular network in CA and NV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    I'm sending back my Cingular T650/ My unlocked T650 w/ T-mobile sim is showing 86-105 kbps with dslreports mobile speed test. Sorry guys, That looks like EDGE speeds to me considering I'd usually see 38-46kbps on the T600. T-mo uses Cingular network in CA and NV.
    same voice network, yes, but t-mobile data currently doesn't make use of the edge network. they instead rely on gprs for data transfer, which explains the difference in speeds.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    am on tmobile right now, bay area, tried dslreports and I got 97kbit, sweet little device!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    T-Mobile runs on Cingular towers in California - that's why Californians have Edge speed.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    i'm almost certain that t-mobile hasn't yet flipped the switch on for their edge data network. that is, unless you're lucky enough to live in area that's being test-marketed.

voice and data are handled differently. i live in chicago and it's for the most part cingular/at&t. both of which have edge data capabilities. but since i'm on t-mo, i have no access to that part of their networks.
    Glad to see I'm not the only T-mobile user seeing EDGE speeds. I'm outside of San Diego with 96-116kbps. T-mobile data group will deny EDGE. Sometimes they don't even know what it means. "Is that a hot spot?"
    lol! omg! I think i'm on hotspot with the treo, its giving me 1.5mbps! lol, ah, and i've just added the 19.99 internet plan a few hours ago and its up and running! yay!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    lol! omg! I think i'm on hotspot with the treo, its giving me 1.5mbps! lol, ah, and i've just added the 19.99 internet plan a few hours ago and its up and running! yay!
    you mean with the wi-fi hack, right?
    /edit: oh, ok. nevermind. i guess not. awesome.
    I've been using my unlocked Treo 650 with T-Mobile since this past Thursday night and all is good with ONE EXCEPTION: I keep getting an error message when trying to send an MMS message with a digital pic. I just created a new thread for this issue - anyone else having this issue?
    Just tried it in Oregon and got 37kbit. Oh well, didn't expect EDGE speeds here.

You might be getting these in CA since T-Mobile is using Cingular towers there.

Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    am on tmobile right now, bay area, tried dslreports and I got 97kbit, sweet little device!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm thinking of setting up a Treo account for my father. How much does unlimited data on a Treo 600 or 650 cost on t-mobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by balt_more
    I'm thinking of setting up a Treo account for my father. How much does unlimited data on a Treo 600 or 650 cost on t-mobile?
    $20 if you have a $40+ voice plan.
    $30 if you dont.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Using mine on T-Mobile without any problems.
    I'm using a Cingular PPC Phone with a Trial all-you-can-eat TMo internet plan for $29.99 in Northern California. Turtles are faster than this. It's only going 17~25KBPS. This thing is a dog.

I swap SIMs to turn to MEdia Works and it goes to 57KBPS instantly. Not that Cingular GPRS is fast, but 17~25K is ridiculous for surfing full web. I switch to WiFi and I'm cruising at 1.5 MBPS. So long, TMobile GPRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    T-Mobile runs on Cingular towers in California - that's why Californians have Edge speed.
    I really dont think it has anything to do with California in general. I live in San Diego and am consistently getting only 30kb/sec on my treo speed test.

Im on an unlocked Cingular 650 w/ T-mobile service and T-zones and am far from pleased with the speed of my web browsing. Is anyone in San Diego getting significantly better results?

Can anyone using the T-mobile unlimited internet plan in San Diego confirm greater speeds?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast