Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    What? I just ordered the 128 cards, one three days ago and 2 more two days ago. They have all shipped.
    just more proof that no one has a clue what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    update:

after speaking with tech support they directed me to sales in order to get a new device. i am doing the advanced exchange and they are NOT charing me the $25. rep said that the device would be overnighted, but the order may not be processed for 3-5 business days. they are going to supply a label for me to ship the junk unit back free of charge. he also said those free 128MB cards are back ordered by a couple months. i'm sort of happy now......as long as my next device doesn't act like this one.

Good Luck with your next Treo.

At least someone hasn't been totally enticed with the aesthetics of the Treo 650 and is doing something about the issues and not just dealing with it or patching it. Bottom line: Return the defect Treos until you are satisfied or get a different device. (I'm beginning to feel like a broken record)

...Oops I almost forgot the mantra: Treo rocks!
    If it looks like a lemon, smells like a lemon and talks like a lemon..its a lemon. Same problems here. There is now a waiting list for a replacment 650 at my Cingular store.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevansabg
    If it looks like a lemon, smells like a lemon and talks like a lemon..its a lemon. Same problems here. There is now a waiting list for a replacment 650 at my Cingular store.
    You experience lock-ups when attempting to browse the web?
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    just more proof that no one has a clue what they are doing.
    What's the latest on your case? I just received a ship confirmation for my replacement, now just hoping I won't experience the same issues with it.
    1 | 2
    I received my replacement today, been browsing the web, using verichat, sending/receiving email for the past 25 minutes, no issues so far. There has been 1 random reboot but that's it.

I'll update.
    1 | 2
    OK......can someone explain this?:

I've had my T-650 for approximatley 2 weeks now. I haven't had any real problems with it until last night. Up until now I have been able to send and receive text mesages just fine, then last night my phone did a soft restart on it's own. When I went to my text messages screen all of my text messages were missing. When I attempted to send a text message to a friend it would restart my handheld. If I text message myself it is fine. Messaging certain area codes seems to crash my T650.

Anyone had this problem? Thoughts?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    What's the latest on your case? I just received a ship confirmation for my replacement, now just hoping I won't experience the same issues with it.

i received those 2 emails that you did today. the one about defective unit and 9 days to return and the other about how the order is being processed. i'm hoping i get the shipped email tomorrow and the device on friday.
    What is the number for tech support?
  10.    #90  
    1 (800) 881-7256
    thanks
    another update : I've been using verichat ( which btw is awesome and let's me browse and do other things while still able to receive and reply to IMs ) for the past 2 hours, also have made,received calls, engaged in a few different sms sessions, and browsed various sites in blazer, all without a reset.

also, this is my 1st post from a treo! this thing is sweet. my advice to everyone having issues with their device is to not give up hope and get a replacement from palm. I received my defective 650 monday, called p1 mon. night, my replacement was sent yesterday, got here today, not bad.

Now as long as this one doesn't start acting up but man, my first treo, all of this is new to me....the keybooard is awesome!
    1 | 2
  13.    #93  
    i'm glad you didn't get another fetus. when i got home tonight, i had the third email saying that my new unit had been shipped today. i'm hoping it shows up tomorrow (thursday). i was actually able to get my junk unit to retrieve mail a few times out of the 50 times i tried.
  14.    #94  
    hopefully the last update to this thread. i just got my replacement device. they did actually overnight which was great. i'm able to check mail with versamail and browse the web with blazer. it hasn't locked up yet and no random resets. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i'll be starting a new thread with some questions.....
    Glad to hear it worked out for you too...so far my unit has been great, hopefully they hold up!
    1 | 2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345