Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Er, sounds like the Sprint models had some issues too, but I digress.

These are the same symptoms I'm having, and I'm completely certain that it's not due to installs or HotSync. Return the unit. The more that go back, the more likely Cingular will have to move up these failure rates up into management and actually deal with it. The hand doesn't know what the foot is doing, if you know what I mean.
  2.    #62  
    i'll be calling in the AM to get a unit shipped. this blows.
  3.    #63  
    on the phone with palm now. i know they have to go through their "troubleshooting" steps before suggesting a replacement. after doing the same things i did all day yesterday (soft reset, system reset, hard reset) the rep says i have 2 options, return and repair which takes 5-7 business days after they receive my unit. first of all i don't want this unit back, it is clearly defective. my second option is advanced return where they send me a new device and then when i get the new one i have to send the fetus back within 15 days. they want $25 for this and says it will take 3-5 business days. i don't mind the $25 but i am not waiting another week for this. the rep is seeing what she can do for me. now she tells me i'll have to contact the sales department to get quicket delivery. this is BS. now i'll have to wait another hour.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Do what I did, order another one online, and return the other unit. This is marginally faster. I ordered the second one on...Thursday (they say it was ordered on Saturday ), it's coming ... checking... "On FedEx vehicle" for delivery today, Tuesday.
    Is there anyone NOT having resets with the gsm Treo? My Treo is on the truck for delivery from Amazon. Wondering if I should just send it back and not even bother.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    OH, just try it for a few days. See what happens. Don't HotSync, don't install for a few days. Don't change it at all (save perhaps, for your personal preferences.)

Then, start adding functionality, like Bluetooth pairing (for Salling Clicker, if you have a Mac -- you do have a Mac, right? ) for syncing, SD cards, third-party apps. one at a time, that sort of thing.

One day at a time. If it's a third-party software conflict after a few days of use, I'd say you're in the clear, because you then have a pretty good frame of reference.

You have thirty days to cancel, but if you read the terms, three days for the activation refund.

US$.02
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flashram
    Is there anyone NOT having resets with the gsm Treo? My Treo is on the truck for delivery from Amazon. Wondering if I should just send it back and not even bother.
    I had a lot of resets during the installation phase, but in the end everything settled down and I seem to have a pretty stable installation at this point (knock on wood). Definitely be patient and install things one by one... and use #*377 [ENTER] after each crash to see what caused it.
    - Cingular GSM T650
    - Only PIM Hotsync no apps
    - Installed bluetooth update from Palm One

In my situation with the above specs the I see it freezing sometimes for 60 seconds and then coming back with "The network could not complete your call" . Two buttons are on the bottom giving the option to Dismiss or Redial. The phone can however recieve incoming calls. Have to do a soft reset to use the outgoing functions of the phone again. Havent seen this reported by anybody else?

If I install any third party apps will start seeing resets evertime I ran the diag code it always reports the phone app causing the fatal exception. Maybe I got a bumb phone.
    I experienced a long lag this morning, and noticed my voice mail number reverted back to all zeroes. DANG!!!! I turned the phone off, back on again, and tried to edit the number. After 5-6 tries of this I was able to edit it back to what its supposed to be, and I have no more lag. I think its a voicemail setup problem and the phone up is just going nuts trying to deal with the faulty config information from the carrier.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I really hope it's a network problem (that way they can possibly fix it Over-The-Air) but if the OS can't even get itself unstuck, then that doesn't bode well for Palm programming, either.
    Tmobile

Reset twice when using blazer. Message referred to certificate mismatch.

Hang/Frozen in middle of email retrieval using Snapper Mail. Manual reset.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    One thing just occurred to me -- not that this is very useful -- but has everyone trying to us the Palm functions without the SIM card? I wonder if it's not that or the SIM card and the network causing problems, shorts, what have you.

BTW, can you just insert the SIM when it's powered on?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    That's like asking if you can pull the RAM off a motherboard when the computer is powered on. I would strongly suggest against it
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Well, in the Cingular instructions for set up, it doesn't say (after setting up the stylus/date & time, and charging -- in that order(!)). I also think that's not quite the same analogy, but I do agree; safer rather than sorry.

Of course, with my first one I did power off.
  15.    #75  
    update:

after speaking with tech support they directed me to sales in order to get a new device. i am doing the advanced exchange and they are NOT charing me the $25. rep said that the device would be overnighted, but the order may not be processed for 3-5 business days. they are going to supply a label for me to ship the junk unit back free of charge. he also said those free 128MB cards are back ordered by a couple months. i'm sort of happy now......as long as my next device doesn't act like this one.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    So it's a known issue, and they won't ding customers for it... good. maybe my second one won't have to be returned.

god i gotta stop posting here.
    Welcome GSM users to the wonderful world of beta testing.

Just as CDMA users found, the Treo is the best $600 beta phone on the market.

PalmOne appreciates you paying big bucks to beta test their devices.

This thread is proof positive that P1 has issues with the Treos.
    Hey MikeyC!! Don't you know you aren't s'posed to say stuff like that here? Better behave if you wanna make it to 1000 posts. I think you get a prize at that level....
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    he also said those free 128MB cards are back ordered by a couple months.
    What? I just ordered the 128 cards, one three days ago and 2 more two days ago. They have all shipped.

Dear CGLaguna:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    050214-32XXXXhave been shipped. For items with a status other
    than shipped, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment
    when it occurs. Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s)
    that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.

VIEW YOUR SHIPMENT STATUS
    The link below will supply you with the most recent shipment status.
    Please allow up to 1 hour for this information to update on our website
    from the time you receive this e-mail.

http://web.palmone.com/support/order_status.jhtml

Shipping Address:

CGLaguna
    XXX XXXXXXX
    Laguna Beach, CA

Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: 1797551
    Description: SIM 128 mb Secure Digital Card
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Item: 1794793
    Description: PALM 128mb Promo for Treo 650
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00
    GWB,
    I believe Ice-T said it best about 15 years ago:

Freedom of speech, just watch what you say.

The trvth shall set you free, or be brutally repressed...I can never remember which it is.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast