Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Mine's a Cingular; hope this is not a palmOne problem. Man, don't they test?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    just pulled GSM 650 out of the box. went through the tour, popped my SIMM card in. phone works fine. when i go to blazer to browse the web, it will load the first url i type but then locks up and i can't do anything. i have to remove the battery to get it up again. is this common? if so, i have to get rid of it because it is useless. i have not installed the CD that came with it or done any upgrades/installs on the device. do i have to update it or something?

thanks.
    I had this same problem with mine when it was new. I took out the battery and waited a minute before putting it back in. This worked for me.
    Shoot, I'll try that just for the hell of it while I'm on hold.
    1 | 2
  4.    #24  
    seems only when i need a gprs signal it freezes (blazer and versamail) starts to open a web page or retrieve email and it dies.
    been on hold for 40 minutes
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    These phones have a number of settings that are defined by the carrier which control things like your plan features, voicemail, etc. It seems that at least with Cingular in some cases, these phones are not coming properly programmed in the box. It takes a OTA (over the air) update to get them right. And not just any OTA. On my first attempt I was calling just because I couldnt get MMS messages to work, and the CSR that "helped" me screwed up my phone BAD. The second CSR I called noticed what the first had done and fixed it. These updates are sent to your phone OTA, so they will have you power off the phone and power it back up.

If, for example, you are supposed to have MediaWorks but have DataConnect (or something like that), the system may be confused, which in turn makes any OTA sent to your phone confusing and a possible cause for resets. These CSR configuration systems are far from perfect. A call to your carrier CSR and verification that all your settings are correct should be a prudent last step before assuming your phone is bad.
    The reason why I don't think this is the issue with me is because media net on my v551 works perfectly as does tethering to my laptop from my v551. If I've never had an issue with data before I don't see why it wouldn't work on my Treo 650?
    1 | 2
  7.    #27  
    i have mediaworks on this simm and it worked fine on my cell phone.
    Tried xiino and it locks up...did a hard reset, tried blazer, locks up. Unless I'm being extremely ignorant about something I think it's the device that is at fault.

Anyway, I was disconnected after being on hold for 53 minutes so I'm waiting till 7 to call back when my night minutes kick in.
    1 | 2
  9.    #29  
    are you asking palm about the return process, or if they have any idea why these things keep freezing up?
    Hmm I am not having a problem. So Far
    are you asking palm about the return process, or if they have any idea why these things keep freezing up?
    Don't think they have any idea why they are freezing up, I'm calling to have a replacement overnighted to me, until then, I have a treo with no web capability, woo.
    1 | 2
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Tried xiino and it locks up...did a hard reset, tried blazer, locks up. Unless I'm being extremely ignorant about something I think it's the device that is at fault.

Anyway, I was disconnected after being on hold for 53 minutes so I'm waiting till 7 to call back when my night minutes kick in.
    bastards.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Don't think they have any idea why they are freezing up, I'm calling to have a replacement overnighted to me, until then, I have a treo with no web capability, woo.

we're in the same boat. no web, everythign is fine. where are these network settings someone was talking about earlier in this thread? i'm desperate, i'll try anything at this point.
    Can you send/receive SMS? That seems to work fine for me...I also snapped a pic and emailed it to my bro, that appears to have sent fine.
    1 | 2
  15.    #35  
    tried to send an sms and it froze. said "you need internet for this, would you like to turn it on?" said yes and it froze.

edit: it took a long as time, but i think it did send.
  16.    #36  
    it is still in my outbox, but when i click on the message it says that it was sent 3 minutes ago. it should be in my sent folder then. this thing is F'ed
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I get that too, with the stock browser (of course, after it crashed.) My second unit is coming soon.

tried to send an sms and it froze. said "you need internet for this, would you like to turn it on?" said yes and it froze.

edit: it took a long as time, but i think it did send.
    Can anyone else chime in that had similar issues with Blazer locking up your unit??
    1 | 2
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    I get that too, with the stock browser (of course, after it crashed.) My second unit is coming soon.

are you saying that installing something rather than blazer might help?

this thing freezes when trying to fetch email, so i doubt it.
    I tried the xiino browser and the device still locked up.
    1 | 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast