1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I will become a Treo family member soon (tomorrow I hope). In terms of hardware, what else would i need to buy. I would like to place my orders soon.

Here are what i consider to be the basics:

1. Screen Protector:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/15-43.htm

2. Trying to decide on which BT headset to buy. Either the Scala-500 or SE HBH 660. Leaning towards the 660 though
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/15-43.htm

3. BT adapter for PC (to allow syncing wirelessly)

This is what i think may be the basics. Please make suggestions and additions if any.

Thanks in advance.
    I love my HBH660. $91 shipped from Dan's cellular in eBay. I would ditch the bluetooth adapter to sync with PC - slow as molasses. I would also get a 1GB Sandisk Extreme III SD card. 20MB/sec, 133X. $114 at Adorama.com. I love the pouch leather case from palmOne. Oh, and an extra pack of styli - I lose those every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I love my HBH660. $91 shipped from Dan's cellular in eBay. I would ditch the bluetooth adapter to sync with PC - slow as molasses. I would also get a 1GB Sandisk Extreme III SD card.
    I'll second the vote for the HBH-660. Also, if you are just going to sync, I agree with ditching the bluetooth adapter and getting an SD card instead. The cable is fine for syncing and much faster.
    I would't say no to the bluetooth adapter. Its not slow as molasses for me..but it is slower than usb. I think its good for the convenience and also when using the treo as a modem my connect speeds have been equally fast via usb or bluetooth.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah i know....i pretty much decided on the 660 based on the many positive reviews about it.
    $91 shipped?
    wow, that is a good price. Got a link to that place and do you know if they ship to Canada as well?

Basically, syncing wirelessly via BT is not really dependent on speed for me as I will just be sitting in front of my computer at home or work and then backing up ALL data (Contacts, Datebook, TO DO list, etc - Basically MS Outlook) and therefore won't have a problem just letting it do its thing while i work or on the computer. Speed is not an issue. I prefer to do it wirelessly cause of the many cables and clutter around my PC at work and at home already

Not too sure about such a large SD Card as I am not certain what apps i will be loading onto it anyways as yet. Aside from the internal memory and the free 128 MB that i will be ordering from PalmOne when my Treo arrives I think i will be well off for now. Well, at least throughout my test phase I guess in a week or so, i will realize i will need more space with the more apps i install and use.

Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    Yeah i know....i pretty much decided on the 660 based on the many positive reviews about it.
    $91 shipped?
    wow, that is a good price. Got a link to that place and do you know if they ship to Canada as well?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...751327419&rd=1

Canada I think is a little more expensive in shipping. $30 vs. $13.