1.    #1  
    Is there any software compatible with the 650 that can do this?

Ty
    Supposedly the developer of Callfilter is working on a 650 compatible version. This program was indispensable on the 600, now it seems like a lost cause as far as the 650 goes. Not sure if the developer even has a 650 to experiment with yet. Haven't heard anything from him directly in months.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornrow
    Is there any software compatible with the 650 that can do this?

Ty
    I believe CallShield works with the 650 and worked perfectly for this purpose on my 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Supposedly the developer of Callfilter is working on a 650 compatible version. This program was indispensable on the 600, now it seems like a lost cause as far as the 650 goes. Not sure if the developer even has a 650 to experiment with yet. Haven't heard anything from him directly in months.
    Test version for the 650s supposed to potentially be available by the end of the week, per Tekara
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Seems like one of the most anticipated releases right now
    Yes, also LightWave 5.1.1 looks like they fixed their bugs.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Test version for the 650s supposed to potentially be available by the end of the week, per Tekara
    I'll vouch for Tekara, he got the info straight from the horses mouth.

Rob does indeed have a 650 of his own to work on and last I talked to him he was pretty sure he'd have callfilter ported over to the 650 and released during the weekend.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Tekara, no offense, but why are you the only one Rob will talk to? When he first implemented the software, and wanted people to purchase it, he stayed active on this forum, just as much as any of us. Now all we have is "your word" that Rob even cares if we get an update for the 650. I would just find your information a little more credible, coming from the source.
    How about assiagning "No Sound" Ringtone to Unknown Caller in Sound Preferences?

No software needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Tekara, no offense, but why are you the only one Rob will talk to? When he first implemented the software, and wanted people to purchase it, he stayed active on this forum, just as much as any of us. Now all we have is "your word" that Rob even cares if we get an update for the 650. I would just find your information a little more credible, coming from the source.
    I'm going to go with "I work for him". I was hired on by velocityware as support for Callfilter. I answer questions in the forums and I answer the tech support emails and I get paid for it. I am the reason why rob isn't as active on the forums, because I am here to answer these questions.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

So, do you know when callfilter for the 650 will be available?
    It looks like we are pretty close to release, here's a cut n paste of what rob put up in the memo section of the callfilter forum over at MTDN.

Current Status - CallFilter for Treo 650
    =================================
    Actively in development. Progressing quite well so far. There are some significant differences between the 600 and the 650, but I am finding workarounds to all hurdles so far. I hope to have a beta of CallFilter for Treo 650 that works on both GSM and CDMA phones available sometime during the week of 2/21/05.