1.    #1  
    In the "Tips" section under bluetooth - it says under the options menu I can select "allow wakeup", letting ther devices try to connect to my Treo 650 to turn on bluetooth. When i look under the options menu, it's not there.

I have a Cingular GSM Treo 650 - any ideas how to allow bluetooth wake up??
  2.    #2  
    bumo
    Seems like the manual for the Cingular T650 (and the built-in help) don't reflect the firmware as supplied on the unit. Maybe the Sprint folks have these options, but we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Seems like the manual for the Cingular T650 (and the built-in help) don't reflect the firmware as supplied on the unit. Maybe the Sprint folks have these options, but we don't.
    The unlocked GSM model doesn't have this option on the Bluetooth prefs either. I didn't see it on the Sprint demo model I had either. I suspect this is an error in the manual.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    CDMA has it under Bluetooth. turn of or off.
    Just got my Cingular 650, and the wakeup option is missing for BT. This is what I was hoping would allow me to dial out, and have the Jabra headset automatically connect.
    It doesn't until I use the jabra answer button itself.
    The Sprint version works like you were wanting. If the headset is turned on and just sitting in standby, it will automatically connect to the phone after you dial a number. That's with the "wakeup" turned off. Turning it on doesn't make any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The Sprint version works like you were wanting. If the headset is turned on and just sitting in standby, it will automatically connect to the phone after you dial a number. That's with the "wakeup" turned off. Turning it on doesn't make any difference.
    The unlocked GSM version works this way with headsets as well. But the "wakeup" option isn't settable anywhere in the BT prefs.