Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a question looking at this if you had a unlimited data plan could you put your sim card in a pc card and use that to get on the web? Also is there a better browser to use on your laptop if you are using your 650 as your connection ?
    Quote Originally Posted by appliancemedic
    I have a question looking at this if you had a unlimited data plan could you put your sim card in a pc card and use that to get on the web? Also is there a better browser to use on your laptop if you are using your 650 as your connection ?
    Great question. Do they make PCMCIA SIM cards?
    Im getting about 130k/sec via Cingular in McLean VA. I never get this fast in Arlington though...
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    I get between 230 kbit/s - 375 kbit/s in Xiino in nyc.

I do notice that late at night in my apartment sometime I loose the connection for 15-20 minutes, usually around the same time.

Cingy/Att Edge rocks the socks

Just for reference with blazer I typically get 82 - 140kbit/s

I think Blazer slows stuff down a lot for some reason. You guys should try the demo of Xiino and see what you get.
    funny, i get 21 kbits/sec with xiino and 80 kbits/sec with blazer. and xiino takes forever and doesn't automatically jump to the results page
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    I get between 230 kbit/s - 375 kbit/s in Xiino in nyc.

I do notice that late at night in my apartment sometime I loose the connection for 15-20 minutes, usually around the same time.

Cingy/Att Edge rocks the socks

Just for reference with blazer I typically get 82 - 140kbit/s

I think Blazer slows stuff down a lot for some reason. You guys should try the demo of Xiino and see what you get.
    You can't rely on those results for a few reasons:

A. Xiino uses a proxy (one of the reasons its faster) and
    B. EDGE, Class 10, only goes to 236.8 kbps.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfusion
    You can't rely on those results for a few reasons:

A. Xiino uses a proxy (one of the reasons its faster) and
    B. EDGE, Class 10, only goes to 236.8 kbps.
    then why is xiino so much slower for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    then why is xiino so much slower for me?
    Dunno. Could be the towers are overloaded and going through a proxy in addition to the towers themselves slows it down a bit. Maybe the proxy's not on, or Blazer's is set to a faster one. Could also just be too much bandwidth use in general in your area, and for some reason Blazer handles it better...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12