1.    #1  
    I've been reading too many stories about resets caused by Lightwav. I am looking for suggestions from people using an app similar to Lightwav that is much more stable. I have read about other apps, but I would like to hear from people who have apps currently installed and are having a positive experience. I am looking for similar functions as Lightwav...assign mp3's as ringtones and assign photo caller ID (full screen if possible, but not necessary).
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    I've been reading too many stories about resets caused by Lightwav. I am looking for suggestions from people using an app similar to Lightwav that is much more stable. I have read about other apps, but I would like to hear from people who have apps currently installed and are having a positive experience. I am looking for similar functions as Lightwav...assign mp3's as ringtones and assign photo caller ID (full screen if possible, but not necessary).
    http://www.electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html

Doesn't require PocketTunes, but doesn't have an enable/disable button

Checkout this thread
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ighlight=Ringo
    mRing?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Callfilter....for the 650/600 it will be updated in a week
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treocentral2004
    http://www.electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html

Doesn't require PocketTunes, but doesn't have an enable/disable button

Checkout this thread
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ighlight=Ringo

I've heard a lot about Ringo. From your experience, is it a pretty reliable app, meaning does it tend to stay away from resets?

I've heard good things about callfilter too. I will check it out once they update it for the 650.
    I am also eagerly awaiting a Callfilter version for the 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    I've heard a lot about Ringo. From your experience, is it a pretty reliable app, meaning does it tend to stay away from resets?

I've heard good things about callfilter too. I will check it out once they update it for the 650.
    Ringo was very stable when I used it. It doesn't do as much as LightWav is supposed to, but just as a ringtone manager, it's fine. It doesn't display a full size photo though. The good thing is that it'll use the picture that is assigned to your internal Contacts database.

I haven't had any problems with LW (using the 5.0 version still.) And since it displays a full screen caller picture I use it instead.

Callfilter is also very good, and Friday is supposed to be when a 650 version is released.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm not sure if friday is the day ;p but yeah, it's supposed to be released this weekend. I hope rob is on schedule!!!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I have used mRing v2.5 on my Treo 600 for a week. It's great. I have assigned mp3 clips that I have created from my own cd collection and assigned them to individual contacts. go to http://www.motionapps.com/downloads.jsp Good luck.
    Mring was causing resets on my phone and i was clueless as to which program I installed was causing it.
    10 hours later and alot of aggravation I uninstalled mring and everything else was fine. I had about 7 or 8 apps added the same day. I guess i should add one at a time then test.

That'll teach me....I use lightwav and love it.
    $39.95????! That is outrageous.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpinballxx
    Mring was causing resets on my phone and i was clueless as to which program I installed was causing it.
    10 hours later and alot of aggravation I uninstalled mring and everything else was fine. I had about 7 or 8 apps added the same day. I guess i should add one at a time then test.

That'll teach me....I use lightwav and love it.
    That is exactly why I settled on Lightwav. I tried Callfilter, and I really liked it, but lack of support for mp3/wav files in RAM made me go with Lightwav. My SD card pops out too often to rely on my ringtone being on it. I have not had any problems with Lightwav, but then again, I have not done anything comlex with it.
  13.    #13  
    Well, I decided to go with Ringo because of all the horror stories I was reading about regarding Lightwav on this board. I know some of you are using Lightwav without any problems, but I really didn't find any complaints with Ringo as far as instability was concerned. It would be nice to have a full screen picture ID, but that was not a deal breaker for me. So far, Ringo has been a great app.
    I use Lightwav 5.0 and do not have any problems. I know 5.1 was having issues so I never upgraded. I currently use animated gifs along with mp3s for my ringer. There is a few seconds delay however in answering calls using gifs. mp3s with jpegs are fine. You should give it a try. If you're worried about resets, you can always delete it or if you have backupman you can alway restore previous backups before lightwav.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I use Lightwav 5.0 and do not have any problems. I know 5.1 was having issues so I never upgraded. I currently use animated gifs along with mp3s for my ringer. There is a few seconds delay however in answering calls using gifs. mp3s with jpegs are fine. You should give it a try. If you're worried about resets, you can always delete it or if you have backupman you can alway restore previous backups before lightwav.
    Lightwav 5.2 will be released this week. MIDI ringtone will be added back. You can now assign random MIDI ringtones with full screen jpg, gif, animated gif pictureID.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Will all the reset bugs be fixed too? I really liked the app and paid for it, but it was causing too many problems on my 650. For now, I'm using system ringtones because I'm too afraid of all the ringtone apps!

-Sabrina