1.    #1  
    I am once again looking to purchase a modem for my Visor DX. Does anyone know if wireless internet is possible and if so, what modem for the Visor will support this?

I don't want to plug a modem into a phone jack if I can avoid it.
    It is possible, and I believe the HS Modem supports it in conjunction w/ a cell phone (I'm not sure about the Thincom). Palm VII functionality, however, doesn't yet exist for the Visor, but probably will in the near future.

The whole idea of wireless internet, IMHO, however, is not a worthwhile one until the costs of data transfer/cell phone usage dip below a certain point -- at the present, I'd stick with wired (unless you've got some $$$ to burn). Whatever, just my $.02 on the issue.

------------------
    Raphael
    Originally posted by kalaban:
    I am once again looking to purchase a modem for my Visor DX. Does anyone know if wireless internet is possible and if so, what modem for the Visor will support this?

I don't want to plug a modem into a phone jack if I can avoid it.
    Before you make an investment in a Visor modem - what about buying a mobile phone with modem. I for myself use a Nokia 7110 together with my Visor DX and do updates of my AvantGo on the road via Infrared. I works great, I don▀t need an extra modem and the module slot is still free for other gadgets....
    Alex
    Here in the US, we're about a hundred years behind Europe as far as the "wireless" issues go. We don't have very many phones with the IR feature. And the ones we do have can only be used on the east coast and a few spot areas across the country.

OEP