Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    question, when i set up Yahoo mail with versmail and try to "get" mail, it says -ERR Error Logging in. http://mail.yahoo.com . lol wtf, i thought it would be able to sign in as you can on the pc.
    Do you have incoming mail server set to pop.mail.yahoo.com and outgoing set to smtp.mail.yahoo.com? Have you verified you have no typos in your username or password? In Advanced, set the port number to 110 for Incoming and 25 for Outgoing. Check the ESMTP authentication box and re-verify your username and password.
    It also depends if you have pop capability allowed on your yahoo account. Since mine is linked with my SBC account I'm able to download mail via pop.
    If you do not have Yahoo DSL, you need to pay to have pop access to your account.
    I'm very new, so please be gentle. Is there another email program that I can use with the Trea 650 other than Versamail?
  6. ZAT
    Snappermail is a great app. i used it with my 600 and loved it. I am giving Versa the benefit of the doubt for a while before I re install Snapper to my new 650
    Back to the Yahoo question, if you are not already a Yahoo customer (DSL, etc), you must pay their annual for full POP E-mail capability (and some other features) to therefore to get Versa to work with it. I noticed that in my case (Hampton VA) SprintPCS is the most unreliable for connecting (sometimes it connects, other times I get the error), followed by cox.net. Yahoo hooks up everytime though.
    Yahoo mail over the web isn't too bad if you use the mobile web pages. . . I use it all the time.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    For anyone doing a search on this topic, I thought I would post the following information on accessing a Yahoo Mail account through Versamail on a Treo 650. As stated above, you need POP access, which requires the Mail Plus service ($20/yr). Please note that the Personal Address service ($35/Yr) is not an "upgrade" to the Mail Plus service, but an entirely separate service (i.e. you do not get POP access with the Personal Address service).

I learned this lesson the hard way.

Once you have Yahoo Mail Plus (and assuming you are paying Cingular or Sprint for web service), you can use the following settings on the Versa-Mail set-up via the Palm Desktop (or on your Treo):

Incoming Mail - pop.mail.yahoo.com (Port No. 110 in advanced settings)
    Outgoing Mail - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Port No. 25 in advanced settings)

Hopefully, this information will help someone.
    why pay when you can get free pop from gmail.com with 1 Gig of storage space.
    you could also use port: 587 for outgoing mail with yahoo....I use fastmail for incoming & yahoo for outgoing with chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by sehanbong
    Wow, I didn't know gmail has pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by sehanbong

I agree. I have a gmail account which I use with Versa. I am gonna try out chatter mail also.
    I'm a big fan of Yahoo on Chatter. I've got the Plus account for the $20 a year.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Anyway to delete Versamail? Its not an app I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    Anyway to delete Versamail? Its not an app I use.
    You sure can; with a custom rom. Check out this site. http://shadowmite.com/roms.html
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    I'm a big fan of Yahoo on Chatter. I've got the Plus account for the $20 a year.
    If you have not already done so, you should combine that with a free IMAP account like FastMail and end up with instant e-mail to your Treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    If you have not already done so, you should combine that with a free IMAP account like FastMail and end up with instant e-mail to your Treo!
    Yeah...I tried that...only problem is all the Spam I get on the Yahoo account. I cannot figure out a way to filter it before it gets forwarded to fastmail...it just sends ALL of them, even the 50 spam emails I get daily. I like how Yahoo does a nice job filtering, but by using an IMAP server bypasses all of that. I can't deal with all the spam on my Treo. In theory it's awesome...in reality, it's a pain. If you know how to filter spam before it gets to my treo, I'm all ears.
    Hi my old treo270 have any tool can get yahoo mail ? I ever try use avantgo
    , but can not work , iambicMail can sync outlook mail , but can not get yahoo mail
    , taiwan's yahoo mail no POP setting (free yahoo mail ).

by the way , my new treo650 default is Versalmail , but I don't like it ,
    and I use FileZ or explorer always find many mail_like program on RAM
    . but I can not kill it , why ??
    Don't you first have to sign up for the additional paid POP service?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast