Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    Yeah...I tried that...only problem is all the Spam I get on the Yahoo account. I cannot figure out a way to filter it before it gets forwarded to fastmail...it just sends ALL of them, even the 50 spam emails I get daily. I like how Yahoo does a nice job filtering, but by using an IMAP server bypasses all of that. I can't deal with all the spam on my Treo. In theory it's awesome...in reality, it's a pain. If you know how to filter spam before it gets to my treo, I'm all ears.
    I was having this same problem. When I was using the Snapper/Treohelper method and using "@" as my trigger to get my mail, all the mail that Yahoo usually filtered as spam was suddenly being sent to my 650. Not sure there's a way around it. I'm using Chatter more these days anyway.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    If you have not already done so, you should combine that with a free IMAP account like FastMail and end up with instant e-mail to your Treo!
    The free fastmail account only checks every three hours. How is this instant? I might as well stick with checking yahoo via POP.

Am I missing something? What is the benefit?

Also, would using fastmail delete my messages from yahoo? I use my yahoo mail as storage.
    I might be wrong about this, but don't you have to pay the minimum $15 for an account to use the IMAP services?
  4.    #24  
    i just bought the app for yahoo mail sprint. it's pretty good, push mail on it too.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew
    The free fastmail account only checks every three hours. How is this instant? I might as well stick with checking yahoo via POP.

Am I missing something? What is the benefit?

Also, would using fastmail delete my messages from yahoo? I use my yahoo mail as storage.
    Instead of paying for FastMail I set myself up with an email account that AIM gives you with your screenname. AIM is IMAP based and I just set yahoo to foward to that. After adding some keywords for filtering spam I have a nice push email solution. BTW, I am using Chatteremail.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    i just bought the app for yahoo mail sprint. it's pretty good, push mail on it too.

I have the yahoo sprint app too. Was wondering if your having some of the problems I am. One, yahoo seems to have take over my message button on my treo. I can go back into preferences and change it back to messaging, but when my treo resets (daily thing) yahoo takes over the message button again. Are you having the same problem?
    Thats the only real problem with it. There are limitations to yahoo mail though. Can't send emails with attachments, can't store emails on storage card, and butler doesn't seem to work with yahoo's email program.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12