Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have the new Unlocked Treo 650.. 1 hour old and it is in a non stop reset loop. How do I stop this??

Please help!
    warm reset or hard reset. check you rmanual for instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    warm reset or hard reset. check you rmanual for instructions
    what about a hard reset that won't fix it?

Bek
    How did you get to this point to begin with? What programs are on your device?
    i had a similar problem when i first got my sprint t650 and i ended up having to hard reset. turns out there were several incompatible programs causing the loops.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Yank the battery out for 10 secs, put it back in and do a hard reset.

Then again, I still have a 600 so let me shut up.

(1hr old, though? You couldn't have loaded that many apps on there that quick!
    There seems to be software incompatibility somewhere.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    what about a hard reset that won't fix it?

Bek
    That is the absolute last resort.... well actually the real absolute last resort is a Zero-out rest. But the first option is always a warm reset to put the treo into debug mode and then followed by whatever else...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    do NOT yank the battery out!!! I did this in a continous reset loop andit never got out of it. I had to do a hard reset in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    do NOT yank the battery out!!! I did this in a continous reset loop andit never got out of it. I had to do a hard reset in the end.
    Wow! Yanking the battery out of devices these days won't stop the looping madness? I must be old school! My first instinct would be to do that when hard buttons didn't respond. I keep forgetting that this isn't a laptop but you know,
    ....a Palm One Treo! Thus other variables exist. Gfunk advised us best tho'

Good Look.
    (I have my650 coming anyday now )
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Wow! Yanking the battery out of devices these days won't stop the looping madness? I must be old school! My first instinct would be to do that when hard buttons didn't respond. I keep forgetting that this isn't a laptop but you know,
    ....a Palm One Treo! Thus other variables exist. Gfunk advised us best tho'

Good Look.
    (I have my650 coming anyday now )
    Answered my own question. Palm and NVFS!!!

(Dutchtrump, Gfunk thanks for we can always count on your input. )
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That is the absolute last resort.... well actually the real absolute last resort is a Zero-out rest. But the first option is always a warm reset to put the treo into debug mode and then followed by whatever else...
    Wish I'd known this... how do you do it? I just had to return my 650 because hard resets didn't work. I had to get ugly with the manager in order to get a new unit before I head out of town. I didn't have time to wait for a warranty replacement.

Bek
    Wish I'd known this... how do you do it? I just had to return my 650 because hard resets didn't work. I had to get ugly with the manager in order to get a new unit before I head out of town. I didn't have time to wait for a warranty replacement.

Bek
    Hard resets don't work on my unlocked GSM 650 either. I get the screen that asks to erase all data and when I push the up arrow, I get the Palm logo and then the phone screen. All my data is still there. Do I need to exchange my 650? I've had a Sprint 650 prior to this and I didn't have any problems doing a hard reset on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by technogrammy
    Hard resets don't work on my unlocked GSM 650 either. I get the screen that asks to erase all data and when I push the up arrow, I get the Palm logo and then the phone screen. All my data is still there. Do I need to exchange my 650? I've had a Sprint 650 prior to this and I didn't have any problems doing a hard reset on it.
    I struggled with this a couple days ago. PalmOne doc Solution ID: 26419 says the problem is software conflicts, which tend to remain present after the recommended System reset (the step between soft and hard reset) and even after hard reset. In my case, it was Outlook 2003 related. Now I've got something else wrong that has tied up my Bluetooth port. This 650 seems a lot less tolerant than the 600.

Bek

Second Treo that is looping and not recovering with hard reset.. I've tried a zero out reset and get only the "rainbow" screen.. If anyone is online right now, please find me if you can help.. I am headed to Chicago tomorrow morning and I have all my important info on this unit. Please, anyone?

Bek
    Second Treo that is looping and not recovering with hard reset.. I've tried a zero out reset and get only the "rainbow" screen.. If anyone is online right now, please find me if you can help.. I am headed to Chicago tomorrow morning and I have all my important info on this unit. Please, anyone?

Bek

Are you sure you did a proper Zero-out reset?! That should completely revert your 650 to factory state completely erasing all data from ram and nand. Make sure you did it correctly. A hard reset will also delete all you info, but it does not completely wipe way all the data on the nand storage and thus, that is why a Zero-out is recommended to total security in the event you want to sell exchange your NVFS based palmos device like the 650 or T5. A warm reset bypasses all the sys extensions/hacks and puts the treo into debug mode allowing you to remove or alter the offending app. In most cases that is all that is need to stop a reset loop. Also, make sure your wireless is off as it appears to sometimes affect things in my experience...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by technogrammy

Hmmm... that is very odd. According to the info posted on PalmOne's support pages describing how to do various resets, there should be no difference between the gsm and cdma models...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,case=obj(887)

Have you tried a Zero-out?

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Are you sure you did a proper Zero-out reset?! That should completely revert your 650 to factory state completely erasing all data from ram and nand. Make sure you did it correctly. A hard reset will also delete all you info, but it does not completely wipe way all the data on the nand storage and thus, that is why a Zero-out is recommended to total security in the event you want to sell exchange your NVFS based palmos device like the 650 or T5. A warm reset bypasses all the sys extensions/hacks and puts the treo into debug mode allowing you to remove or alter the offending app. In most cases that is all that is need to stop a reset loop. Also, make sure your wireless is off as it appears to sometimes affect things in my experience...
    I have done a Zero out at least 30 times now, and I can tell you I've done it right at least once. Press Red button, press up button, press hotsync button - press reset button with stylist in mouth, bam - Rainbow screen.. Rinse, Repeat. I can't get the damn thing to do sh*t. I can't get the phone to do ANYTHING, so I'm not sure how I'd turn off my wireless?? I can't get into debug mode - although I'm willing to try a warm reset right now again - Thanks for the post

Bek
    What was the sequence of events leading up to the loop? Did you try burning anything into ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuru
    What was the sequence of events leading up to the loop? Did you try burning anything into ROM?

I have not burned anything to ROM. I simply pressed the message button to check for a text message.. the unit paused and went into a reset - I figured it was a typical reboot (which does happen on occasion) but then it started looping. I don't think this new unit (24 hours old) had done one random reset, so I can't even say it knows how to reset without looping.

Bek
    I had the looping reset last night i pulled out my battery for a couple of seconds did a hard reset it loses all your data you have to redigitize. then i used my backupman to restore. Everyhing came back fine except my calender which gave me a message it was a corrupt file.

Fred
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast