Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I have not burned anything to ROM. I simply pressed the message button to check for a text message.. the unit paused and went into a reset - I figured it was a typical reboot (which does happen on occasion) but then it started looping. I don't think this new unit (24 hours old) had done one random reset, so I can't even say it knows how to reset without looping.

Bek
    Ouch, that sounds like some sort of firmware problem. I think you should go to your nearest Sprint store (or which ever carrier) and get it replaces ASAP. If even a hard reset/Zero-out doesn't work, then you're unfortunately SOL...sorry...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ouch, that sounds like some sort of firmware problem. I think you should go to your nearest Sprint store (or which ever carrier) and get it replaces ASAP. If even a hard reset/Zero-out doesn't work, then you're unfortunately SOL...sorry...
    I have no idea what the problem is, to be honest.. I have read on Palmone that it could be a software conflict but I have no way of knowing WHICH software.. I hadn't even hotsynced for a week prior to the initial loop so I hadn't put anything new on it, and the software I do have is pretty stable (I thought!) - nothing questionable or quirky.. nothing that people have been having problems with...

Bek
    Have had a T650 for about 6 months now and had my first continuous reset loop today. Had just synched and installed a new app (BigClock). When I brought up Big Clock and tapped on one of the settings, my Treo went into a continuous loop.

Tried all above starting with a simple reset and moving all the way to a system wipe. Nothing stopped the loop. Then noticed on this forum recommendation to turn off wireless. Hadn't tried that and once I did, was able to wipe system.

Synched and then deleted Big Clock. All seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help.
    Bek....you're not alone....I've tried numerous times to do a zero out without success. I've gotten loops after hard resets and no additional software installed. I count the days without Treo problems as a blessing. This device is great...on paper. Just waiting for the next cool non palm gadget to be introduced and this thing will be doing some hard closet time.
    I have a reset loop problem on a T650. Not sure what reset procedure to follow.

Steps leading upto the reset....

installed SAG and Avantgo via USB desktop sync. No problem.

Synced again to get the Avantgo data... reset loop.

How do I get it out of it?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    check your other thread
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12