1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a Cingular Treo 650, and I would like to know how to Hotsync through a GPRS connection (i.e., anywhere I am). I have tried using the instructions in this link, but alas they are for a Treo 300 on a Sprint network. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    oh me too. Also, I would like to hotsync with another person. Shared events and contacts.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Just a word of warning, I've tried this a few times with my Sprint Treo 600 and it's painfully slow. I imagine EDGE would be marginally better (but still bad) and GPRS would be almost unusable. I did configure mine to only hotsync the PIM stuff, but it was still pretty slow.
  4.    #4  
    Slow syncing is better than no syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Just a word of warning, I've tried this a few times with my Sprint Treo 600 and it's painfully slow. I imagine EDGE would be marginally better (but still bad) and GPRS would be almost unusable. I did configure mine to only hotsync the PIM stuff, but it was still pretty slow.
    I have seen some other posts that indicate there are more who would like to do what you do, even if it is slow. How about some instructions so that we do not need to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks in advance
    Here is a link that helped me successfully set up a GPRS hotsync.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...eless+hot+sync
    If you DO sync through GPRS, I suggest you disable ALL of the conduits so that the only things set to synchronize are Dates, Addresses, To Do, and Memos. That way it won't try to back up all of your application's data wirelessly, you'll just synch the contact info. This should help speed up the process. Of course this way you run the risk of not having all app data backed up, but that's why I use Botzam Backup (or any other backup program out there that backs up to the SD card.) At least this way you're good unless you lose the device (which should be the worst of your worries then.)
    When you are at you desk, open up hotsync, select to back up all of that other stuff for the one time.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    I have seen some other posts that indicate there are more who would like to do what you do, even if it is slow. How about some instructions so that we do not need to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks in advance
    I would have posted the instructions I used, but they are for the Sprint Treo's, not GSM/GPRS.
    Here's a tip. Wireless hot sync is slow as hell. To speed it up:

Take all your programs out of Ram. If you run everything off your card you only have to sync a few things. This takes loads of time off your sync.
  10.    #10  
    We know it's slow. We just would like to know how to do it.