1.    #1  
    How do I tell Treo 650 software to sync with Outlook rather then Palm Desktop?
    I was presented this option when I installed the PalmOne software from the distribution CD. Try a re-install and see if you don't get a dialog box asking you if you want to sync with Palm Desktop or Outlook.
  3.    #3  
    This option does not come up for me. I tried it twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    This option does not come up for me. I tried it twice.
    What version of Outlook are you using and what OS?
    When you put in the disk there is an option to switch your preffered sync. Options are Palm Desktop and Outlook.
  6.    #6  
    Outtlook xp and win xp. This option does not come up. How do I envoke it?
    There is an option in Palm Desktop to do it. I'm using XP and Outlook XP just like you and it popped up during initial install of the software for me. But there is a way in Palm Desktop to change your preferences, so see if you can find it in there.
    Insert the CD "Smart Device Treo 650 by palmOne" . (If it does not autostart, browse to the CD and run "autorun.exe"). When the menu comes up select "Change your synchronization method". Then select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage ...." It will ask you, "Do you want Microsoft Outlook to manage your...?". Select YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by copwriter
    I was presented this option when I installed the PalmOne software from the distribution CD. Try a re-install and see if you don't get a dialog box asking you if you want to sync with Palm Desktop or Outlook.
    I don't use the Treo yet, but I had the same dialog box come up when I installed the Desktop s/w for my Sony Clie...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!