Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I was playing with the t/w and I liked it for the lager size so why couldnt p1 have put the treo guts in the t/w too fend off the PPC option. to me it a simple fix?
    simple: treo was handspring product and not palm
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have both a T-W and a 650. The T-W is a bit awkward to hold in the hand - the 650 is a more comfortable size. Besides, the trend is towards smaller phones, not larger ones!

Yes, the T-W does have a larger screen, and it was hi-res back when the 600 came out with the low-res screen, but the overall design was carried over from the i705 and was a technical dead end.

The 650 fixed everything I had against the 600 in favor of the T-W.
    T|W didn't even have an earpiece on the phone, you had to use a earbud
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    IK know for some the T/W is too big. But most people are jumping to the PPC for that reason among others.
    Say you want a larger screen and keyboard. the T/w's size would be perfiect.
    My point is that you could take the Treo software/phone app. and put it into the T/W Form. (Add an Ear peice of course and maybe drop the att.). What would you have?
    a Bigger Treo with a Larger wonderful Screen, double SD slots, Much More Memory. the entire focus would be to a market which is more a PDA'er than a Phone'er like me.

I know some would say, "Its too Big" well the T650 is for you. But there are some like myself who whould enjoy the larger screen and bigger keyboard and 2 SD slots, WiFi, BT Lager battery... I would love it. And from what I have read on the PPC sites that is what they are looking for in their convergence.

But maybe I am alone.

So shouldn't it be deasy for Palm to do this. Just flash the memory and put an ear phone in the case. I'm sure there is plenty of room.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    "Just flash the memory"? The T-W is a completely different platform than the Treo. They would also have to add a backlit keyboard. Oh, and on the W, the SD card is on the side.

Yes, they certainly could have used the W's form factor. But I'm sure Palm looked at the anemic sales of the W compared to the 600 and figured "why mess with a good thing?"