Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Despite my frequent diatribes against it, the rest of my family uses AOL, and so I downloaded AOL Mail 1.2 for them to be able to retrieve e-mail on an upcoming trip to Europe. It's worked fine for me locally in the US, but I was unable to download and install the access numbers for outside the US. So I checked their site and then called on the phone. I was told that AOL Mail only supports "genuine" Palm devices. They do not support the Visor.
    Aside from the annoyance of this, what could it possibly be about the Visor that conflicts with AOL Mail? It's supposed to run with this OS if running on a Palm.
    I bought a modem about a month ago and I use it to access my AOL mail all the time. I don't know if trying to access it outside of the US would make a difference, but from my experiences, it works perfectly inside the US.
    I think the Tech support person was full of it -- I've been using AOL without a problem.
    Try getting version 2.0 -- your problems maybe because of the software being outdated.

------------------
    Raphael
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Originally posted by parb33:
    I think the Tech support person was full of it -- I've been using AOL without a problem.
    Try getting version 2.0 -- your problems maybe because of the software being outdated.

It *does* work fine here in New York, too, but have you tried setting it up for use out of the US?

Version 2.0?? Are we talking about the same program? I'm referring to AOL Mail which you can download for free from AOL. The latest version that I've seen is 1.2

Go to Keyword "Palm Beta." The latest version is now called AOL (w/out the Mail), and adds support for chat/im.

My post was just to say that the program works fine w/ Visors, I wasn't saying that it definitely works out of the US. If it doesn't, however, I highly doubt that it does with a Palm Pilot.

------------------
    Raphael
    Originally posted by MHCohn:
    I was told that AOL Mail only supports "genuine" Palm devices. They do not support the Visor.
    Huh? Like officially running on the Palm OS? Sounds pretty "genuine" to me!