1.    #1  
    Just got my Sprint Treo 650, and I gotta say I love it. One slight detail...the battery seems to drain quick. It seems that when I am up to 100% on the charge, it is down to 94% or 92% within 4 hours or so. And that is without any phone usage, just sitting in standby. I downloaded the roaming patch from PALMONE, thinking that it is switching to roam and causing the drain, but the same problem exists. Is anyone else having this issue? Also, I have heard of a utility that can shut down the green blinking LED. Does anyone know where I can find the software? Thanks.
    Go to www.palmgear.com and do a search on Butler.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't know for certain, but that seems fairly reasonable assuming you have the phone on. To stay connected to the network requires some power.
    Quote Originally Posted by marios5469
    Just got my Sprint Treo 650, and I gotta say I love it. One slight detail...the battery seems to drain quick. It seems that when I am up to 100% on the charge, it is down to 94% or 92% within 4 hours or so. And that is without any phone usage, just sitting in standby. I downloaded the roaming patch from PALMONE, thinking that it is switching to roam and causing the drain, but the same problem exists. Is anyone else having this issue? Also, I have heard of a utility that can shut down the green blinking LED. Does anyone know where I can find the software? Thanks.
    I've had my phone on standby for almost 2 days now and it's only gone down 7%. I haven't used it plus I turned off bluetooth. Needless to say, I'm shocked at how good the battery is.

Interesting thing is the phone app itself seems to drain the battery much more than using the device as a pda. I guess picking up a cell signal takes alot of juice. I've played emulators throughout the entire day with only marginal battery use.
  5.    #5  
    I would expect the drain to be high, but I had a 100% yesterday at 10:00 PM, and as of this moment, down to 86%. That is with fairly few if any short duration phone calls and with the bluetooth off on the unit. Thanks for all the feedback. It is greatly appreciated.