1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm trying to advise a friend who's considering a Treo, but one of his questions I don't have a clue on. Can the Treo 650 sync with Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, and email out the box?

I know it can sync with Outlook email through Versamail 3.0. Could someone here tell me if the Treo 650 can also sync with Outlook contacts and calendar? If so, is it well-implemented? Or does it constantly feel like a bit of a hack?

I believe he's running Microsoft Outlook on a desktop, and is not connected to an Outlook exchange server.

thanks,
    alexis
    short answer is yes, i've been doing it.
    Treoing & Loving it
    It's well implemented. I use Outlook in the same way (no Exchange server) and haven't had any problems.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
  4.    #4  
    That's great you guys. So just to be sure I understand, you're saying that you did not need to buy any supplementary software, and you are able to sync with all three parts of Outlook -- Outlook email and calendar and contacts?

I just want to be sure I'm 100% sure before I advise my friend to go out and spend 300+ dollars...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yes, the included Outlook conduits sync fine with email, calendar, contacts and tasks (four).
  6. bkd
    Can you limit the Outlook conduit to just the calendar? It looks like you get all or none, but I'd like just the calendar - like you could do with Pocket Mirror.
    - Benjamin
    y
  8. bkd
    I found free a way to HotSync the Calendar to Outlook and the others (Memo, Contacts...) to Palm Desktop. In fact, you can do any combination you want.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...073#post759073
    Quote Originally Posted by bkd
    Can you limit the Outlook conduit to just the calendar? It looks like you get all or none, but I'd like just the calendar - like you could do with Pocket Mirror.
    - Benjamin
    There's a little program called GoSync that let's you setup any combination of conduits you want to sync. It runs in your system tray and you just right click on it and click on the conduit you want to sync. I have been using for several years so I don't have to go through a full sync of every conduit when I may just want the calendar for that sync.
    Palm Outlook conduits work out of the box for me. In fact it's even better than the old days because it synch the meeting attendees which you can tap on & automatic send them a mail.

Couple of quirks you should know about. If you use offline folders like I do in Outlook then you need to switch on that option inside the counduit Settings (once takes effect for all). If you have appointments with participants around the world like I do then you have another option in the conduits. To transfer the time zone over to the palm records also - so the time of the appointment has an attached zone & is adjust to display in whatever time zone your in. I have not had much luck with that one. I have turned it off & use DateBk5 to handle timezone display properly. In any case if others invite you to repeating appointments that span across Day light Savings changes they don't display properly. That's just a limitation of synch - this limitation is the same whether you use Palm, Pock Mirror or the old Intellisync. These are not problems - just some comments who've been through the quirks of synchronisation before.