Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm using Agendus 9.03 and have deleted DatebookDB and it all works well. Problem is, and as stated, the DatebookDB gets created everytime there's a soft reset or sometimes during Hotsync. Granted this is a massive nuisance, but the problem is when you're low on memory.

Example, My ContactsDB is about 4megs and the DatebookDB that gets created is 3.8megs. I have so much stuff on my RAM, that I'm always hovering around 4megs free. If per chance, that free RAM goes below the size of what DatebookDB needs when it 'magically' gets recreated, I get a soft reset that eventually leads to a hard reset.

This is driving me insane. The lack of built-in RAM and the problem of these duplicate records is really p*ssing me off about the 650. Any ideas for a permanent solution, without having to remove Agendus?
    I'm glad I've done some reading here before messing with my 650 tomorrow when it arrives. Agendus is my most used app, and I'm sure I would have just put it on the Treo expecting it to work the same as it did on my Sony CLIE. I had no idea there were duplicate databases!! Thank you all for this information. I may need to just work off of the built-in apps until Iambic has a solutioni.
    I've deleted the duplicate databases with no problems with any apps (inc. Agendus), hotsync, backup, or recover. Iambic/Agendus has been inconsistent in their responses in regards to the need for these databases. The only issue is that on 'spontaneous' or planned 'resets' the darn things come back. Just delete 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype
    I'm glad I've done some reading here before messing with my 650 tomorrow when it arrives. Agendus is my most used app, and I'm sure I would have just put it on the Treo expecting it to work the same as it did on my Sony CLIE. I had no idea there were duplicate databases!! Thank you all for this information. I may need to just work off of the built-in apps until Iambic has a solutioni.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I have deleted DatebookDB and use just CalendarDB with the latest version of Datebk5. My question is how do a run dbScan? The first time I ran it DatebookDB came back and 2 errors were found. I deleted the 2 corrupt records, removed DatebookDB and ran a sync with handheld overwriting the desktop.

Now when I run dbScan i get the start up screen but the Scan button does not appear. I try removing dbScan and reinstallling, now I get message no database found. Anyone else seen this?

Is there a know procedure to using V-1.7d of dbScan on a Treo 650?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Swieder, I've moticed this as well. It appears that dbScan has not yet been updated and only scans datebookDB and not CalendarDB. When I reinstalled datebookDB the "Scan" button/function reappeared.
    What I do when I want to run dbscan is delete the DeletePIMS app (I'm a Datebk5 user), do a soft reset, run dbscan and clean up anything it finds, reinstall DeletePIMS from my backup and I'm good to go.

Sounds like a lot of steps but it is very quick.
    Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread! I got a 650 recently and tried to do what I have always done: beam my datebook database over to preserve everything! This is especially important to me because 1) I have records going back to 1999, and 2) I work for Apple and they make us use this evil and ancient version of Meeting Maker that has super sensitive conduits that crash if you breathe the wrong way. Turns out my beaming totally jacked up the datebook DB in a way that completely baffled the Meeting Maker conduit. I had to blow away both the calendar and datebook DBs, but the conduit began working again. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I am going to try beaming in my contacts which I am guesisng will work fine.

Thanks for all the great thoughts folks!
    ~O
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123