Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Done. I've sent you the link as well as their 'promise to get back' to me response regarding my Support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by wdunn
    Ohmster,
    Searched iambic forums but couldn't find your inquiry...can you PM me/post a link and I'll tag on...I feel this is important based on the 650 memory size...
    Last edited by Ohmster; 02/14/2005 at 08:53 PM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  2.    #22  
    Hmm, I deleted DatebookDB and the backup directory on the PC but both came back after hotsyncing. The DeletePIM program wouldn't install as I don't have Datebk5.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or what I should do next? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $I$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $programs$ $that$ $need$ $to$ $create$ $DatebookDB$.

Thanks in advance!
  3.    #23  
    Hi all,

Any suggestions for me or am I SOL?
    I don't know why someone hasn't written a program similar to DeletePIM that doesn't require DateBk5. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult but I am not a programmer. Since this is a problem for everyone with a 650 you'd think somone would have tackled it by now. I, however, am a DateBk5 user so I'm glad it's resolved as it relates to that application.
    I deleted all the 4 ghosts dbs (those not ending with -P) and everything works fine, almost. They come back after a hard reset/sync, if you choose 'Backup all databases' in Missing Sync, or use any (I think) of the Intellisync conduits to map to Notes (I have and only will confirm that this happens with calendar). As a result, I've saved about 3MB. But if I want to sync with Notes, I'll lose 2MB due to the calendar ghost....

Quote Originally Posted by singpalm
    Hi all,

Any suggestions for me or am I SOL?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Then answer me this: I want to be able to hosync my addresses/contacts on both my T650 and old Visor using the same Outlook database. I'm holding on to the old Visor just to have a convenient address book near my home phone. However, the hotsync software that came with the T650 works to sync with my Outlook, but I now can't hotsync my Visor with Outlook. Tweaking the old Chapura hasn't worked. Is there a 3rd party solution out there?

The fix I use now is to export all my Outlook Contacts over to the Palm Desktop application, and for whatever reason my Visor is syncing ok, but this is a clumsy fix.

Thanks, all!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I don't know why someone hasn't written a program similar to DeletePIM that doesn't require DateBk5. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult but I am not a programmer. Since this is a problem for everyone with a 650 you'd think somone would have tackled it by now.
    Well, they can be deleted manually with FileZ, but I agree that's a little bit clumsy. And they DO come back, seemingly at random. I haven't done a hard reset in at least a month, but I have to rerun DeletePim every few days, it seems. They don't come back after every soft reset, either, so I have no clue as to what re-creates them.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I updated to the latest version of DateBK5 and was able to get rid of DatebookDB and use CalendarDB.

I am trying to do the same thing with the duplicate contacts and addressbook databases

For the Treo650, can I use just the ContactDB and get rid of all the address databases including the following:

- AddressDB
    - AddressCitiesDB
    - AddressCompaniesDB
    - AddressStatesDB
    - AddressTitlesDB
    - AddressZipDB
    - AddressCountriesDB
    AddressDB is a dup for contacts, but the other databases serve different functions and should be left. States and cities, for example, contain lists of all the State and City values you've entered, and is used to auto-fill the fields for future entries. I would expect the other dbs to work the same way, but Zip, at least, doesn't seem to work. Another Palm bug? (And why doesn't the State DB come prefilled with all 51-plus states and territories.

HTH,

Bob
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Many thanks!

I have been ruefully comtemplating a 9.2 meg (!?!?!) Datebook.pdb for almost a week now. Fuming and fussing over all that space. (I was particularly confused because I had manually gone through ALL my recurring appointments and pared them down to just the next 12-18 months to try and reduce the size. Some had defaulted to a "no end in sight" setup that stretched out YEARS into the future.)

Wham, just deleted that chunk and now have 13 precious megs of space to use! Can't wait to see what a sync does...
    How does this affect backups with BackupBuddyVFS? I wonder if we are going to lose our data? I'm starting to have problems backuping up my data because BackupBuddy will only backup 64k CalendarDB and not the whole database.

Al
    Ok, so I've saved some memory by using the CESD utility "DeletePIMs". Now I need a birthday/anniversary/event/holidays program(s) that uses CalendarDB and not DatebookDB. I've done a search but it seems that none of the HappyDays, DateMate, GreatDates, Holidays etc. have been fully updated for this purpose. Do you know of any? Until then, how can I restore the DatebookDB so I can go back to using HappyDays and Holidays?
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    Ok, so I've saved some memory by using the CESD utility "DeletePIMs". Now I need a birthday/anniversary/event/holidays program(s) that uses CalendarDB and not DatebookDB. I've done a search but it seems that none of the HappyDays, DateMate, GreatDates, Holidays etc. have been fully updated for this purpose. Do you know of any? Until then, how can I restore the DatebookDB so I can go back to using HappyDays and Holidays?
    FWIW, I used DateMate since my M505 days. I entered in all the holidays as well as all my birthdays, anniversaries and other significant dates. Then I had it import all of them into my Datebook/Calendar. I kept Datemate through my Treo 600 upgrade, but when I went to my 650, I didn't reinstall it.

Seemed there wasn't much need for me (YMMV, of course). I have all of the holidays as well as all my significant dates already entered. For me, I cannot see a benefit to keeping the software installed, thus I have deleted it.

As for any new dates that may be recurring, I just create a new entry for the event and make it recurring as necessary. I can't see any reason to use DateMate beyond that first initial setup, in fact besides the holidays I can't see a real great reason to use it at all. The holidays function can be replicated either manually (PIA) or by importing one of the db's that can be found on PalmGear.

I could be missing something, but am I far off here?
    Hi Matty,

Thanks for your advice.
    I find that from time to time I need to add or update birthday/holiday etc. information and these types of programs are very useful for that, including the modifications or additions to the Date Book.

Since I've tested the more popular ones and found none that uses CalendarDB exclusively, then I need to restore DatebookDB. I don't want to install an old DatebookDB file because I'm not sure if it will overwrite CalendarDB.

Is there some way to re-create DatebookDB from the installed CalendarDB?

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    Hi Matty,

Thanks for your advice.
    I find that from time to time I need to add or update birthday/holiday etc. information and these types of programs are very useful for that, including the modifications or additions to the Date Book.

Since I've tested the more popular ones and found none that uses CalendarDB exclusively, then I need to restore DatebookDB. I don't want to install an old DatebookDB file because I'm not sure if it will overwrite CalendarDB.

Is there some way to re-create DatebookDB from the installed CalendarDB?

Thanx
    Absolutely! Only problem is that it is not an exact process. I currently have a Treo 650 and I have no Datemate type software installed, nor do I use any third party PIM software. Just a plain vanilla PalmOne Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos.

I delete the DatebookDB and AddressDB files whenever they are recreated. The key phrase being, "whenever they are recreated" It always occurs during a reset, but not every time.

Another way is to install an older application that relies on the DatebookDB and AddressbookDB's. Once you run the application, the files will be there.

If you do not have AddressbookDB, or DatebookDB, they are created from their respective newer cousins, CalendarDB-PDat andContactsDB-PAdd.

So, in short reset until you get the files back, or install an older piece of software that uses them and run it, you should get them back.
    No luck .

I installed HappyDays and Holidays but both won't run.
    Every first time I try to run HappyDays after a hotsync it puts the 650 in a soft reset. Any future attempts return "Please run Date Book once first".
    Holidays simply says "The datebook database was not found. Please open the datebook and try again".

So I decided to bluetooth an old DatebookDB from my T3 to my new 650. Well the records seemed to have merged and I ended up with many duplicates.
    Then I hotsynced with "Desktop Overwites Handheld" for Calendar but that seemed to have deleted the DatebookDB and I'm back where I started.

This means that I can either
    (1) somehow get the 650 to re-create the DatebookDB database from CalendarDB or
    (2) delete all entries in my T3 DatebookDB and send it to my 650.

For the latter, since I don't know how to select and delete all Date Book items, it probably means that I will new to do a new and clean re-install of Palm Desktop for my T3 on a second PC, write that empty DatebookDB to my T3 and then send it to my 650.... oh I'm tired just thinking about it. (Maybe I should just dump the birthday program thing... but with my memory, that would create a whole different set of problems...)

Any other ideas out there
    Ok. I re-installed the original DatebookDB and MemoDB and all is back to normal: All older apps like HappyDays and holidays work fine. This is what I did:

I'm luck in that I still have my T3 and that I have it setup on a second PC. I simply synced my T3 to ensure the latest hotsync backup. Then I did a hard rest on my T3, sent the database files via bluetooth to my 650 and re-synced my T3 to restore the T3 databases. On the 650, I simply started using the older programs without problems and my CalendarDB was apparently unaffected. It is probably a good idea to keep a copy of the blank DatabookDB and MemoDB just for future case...
    I'm need help. my CalendarDB-Pdat shows as 569k on RAM but when I make a copy of it to the SD card it shows as 64k. I've tried to copy it manually, but still no luck. I wonder what is going on? My contacts are all fine they show in DateBk5. Please help.

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by wdunn
    Does anyone know if Agendus V9.02 requires those extra db's or can they be deleted?? Don't have my 650GSM yet but expect it over the next day or two, so I haven't tried it myself...thanks.
    I'm using Agendus 9.03 and have deleted these files without any problems. Haven't Hotsynced yet, though!
    I have a new treo650..i used a friends datebook 5 and liked it.
    Since my treo is new..do I need to worry about pulling out those files to conserve space..or if i understand correctly..those files get created only when you there was an older version of db5? Is that right..I'm a little slow..
    thanks for any help.

[QUOTE]Now for some important information: the mirror databases ONLY get created if
    they are needed. V-5.4a, p7 of DateBk5 does not touch the Datebook database
    so the big mirror does not get created. BUT if you had previously installed
    an older version of DateBk, the mirror WAS created and won't go away by
    itself.

So the first step is to delete the DatebookDB database since your data is in
    the CalendarDB database. BUT - you have to be careful when deleting the
    DatebookDB database otherwise the palmOne DM Patch steps in and sees the
    delete of the datebook data and promptly mirrors the command into the
    calendar database, so both databases disappear. However, what you can do is
    delete just the Datebook database with a third party file utility like FileZ
    (which you can download from almost any Palm Software archive - I also keep
    a copy at: http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/filez.prc). [QUOTE]
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast